Too many concertinas & some need new owners

Mike Acott

• 3 months later...

Hello Simon ,The best and rarest English is an ebony ended Edeophone 58 key, 6 fold bellows, rivetted action and all fully restored. the volume of sound and the tone of the concertina can be altered by slides covering the unusual fret patterns. I have never seen the like before. Asking price £3000

A Lachenal darkwood treble 5 fold bellows, all sorted £1450

A wheatstone no 34130 rosewood ends 7 fold bellows all fully sorted in a modern square case price £1700

I do have an early George Case with bone buttons ,steel reeds 5fold bellows with original papers, all fully  sorted, this is with someone on trial at this time but will be at £1400

I do have a 23000 wheatstone with brass reeds which needs a check over 5 fold bellows the tone would suit a singer. £1500

I hope one of rhese may be of interest.

Happy New Year,

Mike

16 hours ago, Mike Acott said:

the volume of sound and the tone of the concertina can be altered by slides covering the unusual fret patterns.

I'd be interested to see pictures of that.

• Like 1

Hello Graham, The only crane that could be for sale is my 80 key Crabb special but I have not set a price on but it will be expensive because Crane duets of  this size are as rare as hens teeth.If you wish to think on it have a chat with Geoff Crabb , I think he would give an honest opinion of it.

Happy New Year.

Mike

22 hours ago, Mike Acott said:

Hello Graham, The only crane that could be for sale is my 80 key Crabb special but I have not set a price on but it will be expensive because Crane duets of  this size are as rare as hens teeth.If you wish to think on it have a chat with Geoff Crabb , I think he would give an honest opinion of it.

Happy New Year.

Mike

Thanks Mike. 80 key is larger than I want, so for now at least I'll leave it thanks.
Happy New Year
Graham

Maccannic, The Aeola range is    LH G2toG#4    RH G#toC7  this is a 29000 series box

the Lachenal New Model ser no 836  is LGF2toC5   RG C4toD7

The Aeola not the prettiest as the ends are alloy and left end has a period blank where additional buttons may have planned or meant for a different box.

The Lachenal has metal ends with bushed white buttons, both boxes have 7 fold bellows

On 1/1/2024 at 7:22 AM, alex_holden said:

I'd be interested to see pictures of that.

Let me have your mail and I will send some photos of the internal workings as well as the fret work.

Happy New Year.

Mike