Security Locator Tabs & Smart Water

Kelteglow

Always concerned about my Concertinas being stolen .I try to keep them with me at all times when out and in a locked car boot or house at other times .Unlike some instruments they are hand made can not be replaced .Being small they would be difficult to trace or even prove who they belong to .I wondered if smart-water could be used.The water has a code that will lead back to the owner.Also wondering if it would be useful to fit a locator tab to my case  . Any Thoughts .?

I never heard of SmartWater until just now, and know nothing about it except what I just read on their web site. Looks like it’s primarily designed to protect stores, museums, and other common burglary sites, and that much of its value is the deterrent nature of the sign that says it’s in use. I don’t know how that would apply to a concertina. Even if you sprayed some on it, it would be worthless unless some honest person who encountered the concertina knew to look for it.

Apple’s AirTag looks promising. You could put one in your case (hidden under the lining) or even inside the instrument. Of course, you'd need to have another Apple device to keep track of it.