In search of reeds that go down to F1

I suspect that you will be looking on the accordion reed market or commissioning a set from one of the traditional reed capable manufacturers, you might talk to Alex West. 

What range are you looking for? many Bass instruments have short key boards, say up to the 'C' LH Side. Single action would be half the cost and make a lighter and more responsive instrument.

27 minutes ago, d.elliott said:

I suspect that you will be looking on the accordion reed market or commissioning a set from one of the traditional reed capable manufacturers, you might talk to Alex West. 

What range are you looking for? many Bass instruments have short key boards, say up to the 'C' LH Side. Single action would be half the cost and make a lighter and more responsive instrument.

F1-C4 Is the range

20 hours ago, d.elliott said:

is there an email for alex west

21 hours ago, d.elliott said:

one of the traditional reed capable manufacturers, you might talk to Alex West

I suspect you mean Alex Holden, Dave.  I've made new reed tongues but only to fit existing shoes.  Alex H makes his own shoes (as do Steve Dickinson and Colin Dipper in the UK and possibly others I've forgotten)

Alex West

Several years ago Colin Dipper made a couple of Bass English Concertinas for the "West Country Concertina Players"; using the best quality "Binci" Italian accordion reeds. I can't remember if these were single or double action instruments; but I expect that one of the several "WCCP" English Concertina playing members, who regularly use this website, might be able to give you more information.

Inventor.    

On 3/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, d.elliott said:

Would harmonium reeds work