The Man - Greg Jowaisas

Once again Greg tweaked up my Suttner.  I'm pretty picky and Greg worked with me to resolve the small issues that were bothering me.  I'm in love with my instrument again.  If you need your instrument worked on there is no better craftsman then Greg.  

Doug

Seconding this. A few weeks ago, Greg gave me a quick turnaround on my Wheatstone Model 21, did some tweaks, and I'm a happy camper. I should also say that I was very happy with the U.S. Postal Service with their track-able two-day delivery. It worked fine both ways. I suspect that the concertina traveled faster than the envelope with my check (for a reasonable amount) to Greg.

49 minutes ago, Mike Franch said:

I should also say that I was very happy with the U.S. Postal Service with their track-able two-day delivery. It worked fine both ways. I suspect that the concertina traveled faster than the envelope with my check (for a reasonable amount) to Greg.

Mike, no issues with the customs then?

Best wishes - ? 

22 minutes ago, Doug Barr said:

Hi Wolf, Greg is in the states and so is Mike so no issues as far as customs goes.

Hi Doug, I don‘t know why I‘ve been picturing Mike living in the UK - maybe because he‘s playing English concertina and seems to love English country dances...

Thanks for the hint, and I guess sending an instrument to Greg might not work for me then...

Best wishes - ?

Third that.

I have sent concertinas from Canada to Greg in the US.  I sent them as 'for repair' and Greg sent them back the same way and we had no issues or charges with customs in either direction.

Don.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

Hi Doug, I don‘t know why I‘ve been picturing Mike living in the UK - maybe because he‘s playing English concertina and seems to love English country dances...

Thanks for the hint, and I guess sending an instrument to Greg might not work for me then...

Best wishes - ?

Wolf, if you need a recommendation for a good maintainer this side of the pond, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend David Robertson (don't wait until the Brexit though again for hypothetical/not impossible customs concerns...) I had him "renew" my Wheatstone Crane, and he did a very decent and thorough job. 

Edited by RAc
  • Thanks 1

Wolf, please feel free to picture me wherever you like. I'm pretty much always here in Baltimore--Maryland, US, not the one in Ireland that we're named after. Thanks for remembering my interest in English country dance (ECD), which, in some ways, is done differently in the US than in Britain. There also seems to be an interest in ECD in Russia; you can find some nice YouTube videos of dancers in St. Petersburg.

Maybe it's my turn to do some imaginative relocating, and to think of you in England because you always write so effectively in English. Someday, perhaps, I'll become sufficiently adept in the language of music to be able to follow all your finer points of musicianship!

Mike, you're too kind (which goes well with my idea of an Englishman), but you made my day - very happy at a fraction of what you're saying :)

(and I will search YouTube...)

Best wishes - ?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
trying to live up to the compliment re writing in English