Panoply Of C/g Anglos

Greg Jowaisas

(see plethora of anglos for these 4)http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18332

Steel reeds; in tune; properly refurbished.

You can email or personal message me for more pictures and details. (gjowaisas (type@) fioptics.com Appropriate donations to be made for sales on this site. Two sold to a happy buyer. Donations made.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

Greg, your concertinas all look beautiful....and I am sure that they all sound great! I was just wondering if they all come in "Jowaisas Cases"?

Hi Ben,

A Jowaisas case would be extra (There are a few shells ready for hardware.). Presently trying to finish up this year's repairs (your 30b Wheatstone included) so aside from a couple of outstanding orders to be finished for patient customers :wub: :unsure: , custom case making is not on the immediate agenda.

I'm sure I can round up some used vintage cases that need a bit of refurbishment to go with the anglos for sale.

Best,

Greg

Greg, perhaps the Jones is 5&5/8 across the flats isn't it ?

I wish I had another small Jones like your 26b, Takayuki san. Jones made a couple of sizes of "regular" anglos. This one is the larger one at 6&5/8.

I do have a Jones(?) miniature anglo that will be for sale. :o 2&3/4 across the flats, metal ends, 10 bone buttons and air button.

Greg

Greg, perhaps the Jones is 5&5/8 across the flats isn't it ?

I wish I had another small Jones like your 26b, Takayuki san. Jones made a couple of sizes of "regular" anglos. This one is the larger one at 6&5/8.

I do have a Jones(?) miniature anglo that will be for sale. :o 2&3/4 across the flats, metal ends, 10 bone buttons and air button.

Greg

Greg,

Thank you for clarifying my question. And 2&3/4(!) is really a miniature. I will stay tuned towards the holiday .

--

Takayuki

• 3 weeks later...

With the addition of the "Plethora" in another post, it looks like Greg is building his annual concertina Christmas sales tree one layer at a time. But it is especially nice to see a really diverse collection of Anglos in this season's offerings. If I hadn't already contributed repeatedly to Anna's college fund through my past purchases, I might have been negotiating to acquire one of these jewels myself.

Warmest holiday greetings to all,

Ross Schlabach

• 2 weeks later...

Greg, Is the small Jones? (2 3/4 across the flats) for sale? If so, can you please tell me about it. Does it have a case? Is it tuned and in excellent working order? How much are you asking? Do you have any other small concertinas? Thanks.

Karen

Greg, Is the small Jones? (2 3/4 across the flats) for sale? If so, can you please tell me about it. Does it have a case? Is it tuned and in excellent working order? How much are you asking? Do you have any other small concertinas? Thanks.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your interest. Just saw your post, pardon my delay in responding. Most of your questions are answered by going to "Plethora of anglos":

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18332

Many minis have bellows and air supply problems but this one has an air valve and hours of my work in tightening up the bellows. So while the bellows are not completely air tight the air supply is more than adequate to make this one a good player. Good reeds, in tune, good action.

However, it goes out on perusal Monday (arrangements were made days prior to your post.). I'll update its status as I know more.

Mini anglos are rare. I'd say at least 10Xs less common than mini englishes. There is a semi-miniature 30b, 5 inch C/G anglo with "Lachenal & Co" worked into the fret work that I have for sale in the "Plethora" post. Smallest 30b I've ever seen and a good player as well. The special fret work would push it even deeper into rare territory.

Best,

Greg

• 1 month later...

The mini anglo went to a cnet member in Japan. (Site donation made)

The two mahogany 30b C/G anglos (good players for this model) and with bushed buttons and 6-fold bellows are still available. So is the rare small 30b with L&Co worked into the fret work.

Also available is the 26b rosewood C/G pictured in the "Plethora" post. It is a very nice player and has a new Peter O'Conner bellows with 6 deep folds and I've bushed the buttons.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...