New Model Tenor In F For Sale

david robertson

I have just acquired the New Model I mentioned in this thread. I've always been a fan of the New Model, so I bought it unseen, and was very happy that it turned out to be a tenor in F - that is, all the Bb's are in the inner rows, so you can play in F with normal treble fingering.

At present it's languishing about three months down the restoration queue, but if anyone is interested, I could always move it nearer the front...

A while ago David did a geat job for me on a New Model F-Tenor just like that one. Real F-tenors are even rarer than tenors!! I am a total fan of F-tenors, because one can play a fifth down without a change of fingering. Handy for singers! Or one can play along easier with the brass-bands... I have converted a few tenors to F-tenor by swapping a few reeds - but those still have the position of the finger-rests and thumb-straps wrong... An interesting subject!

So that's where it ended up. I was patiently waiting for the auction to run it's course and make a bid, but was thwarted by it apparently being ended early.

Edited by SteveS