Anyone Here Going To The Weekend At Kilve In March ?

AndrewCollins

Jocelyn (my other half) and I are going. Never been before and really looking forward to it. Did I see that a certain Mr Algar is putting in an appearance? Note to self - don't take any money!

What are you signed up for? Joc is down for concertina band. I've put down for duet and am just hoping my Crane will be up and running by then.

Am toying with the idea of doing a band arrangement of a TOTM to see if we can't post a recording of a whole concertina band playing it. We'll see what March brings.

I should be there - or I will lose my deposit! A strong contingent from Kent should also be there.

I expect to be in the band workshops mostly, but will stay flexible.

the quality of the meals, and the evening sessions in the bar are worth the price of the weekend by themselves.

though the WCCP event ends on Sunday afternoon, those who have farther to travel have been in the habit of staying over an extra night.

We have an evening meal and more music to follow.

I am not sure who is organising that this year, but I expect an announcement will be issued in advance of the weekend.

Best wishes,

John Wild

PS - it seems this my 1000th post to these forums! - no chance of catching the top posters :)

Edited by John Wild

I'd love to go, but don't have a car - getting to Kilve without transport seems

difficult to put it mildly!

If there is anyone in the Torbay area going to this bunfight, I would be more

than happy to share petrol costs.

Roger (In deepest, darkest Brixham).

I'm looking forward to it - I'm signed up for the Anglo workshops myself

I'm also planning to stay over on the Sunday night John - it's a long way back to Norfolk, more enjoyable to have another night and take the Monday off work.

Might be worth an email to the organisers Roger ( contact details here http://thewccp.org/images/BREAKING%20NEWS.pdf) - as they may have someone going from your area already.

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

(Long time lurker, first post :o )

I'm going, sounds like it will be a good weekend, it'll be good to meet everyone. Chris Algar already has all my money so I'm safe from him :rolleyes:

There are buses to Kilve---but not on Sundays, and it's a bit of a trek

http://www.busesofsomerset.co.uk/pdfs/tt/14.pdf

if you can get a train to Bridgwater, I am sure there will be people who can give you a lift from there. Contact WCCp organisers to ask the question.

I will be there, but am not sure of my travel arrangements yet.

Regards,

John

• 1 month later...

It was a great weekend and good to meet and play with you all. Particular thanks to Andrew for his role in making the weekend run smoothly, as well as making us first time Kilvites welcome on Friday evening.

Hello Chas

Pleased to hear you enjoyed it. Nice to meet you both and put faces to forum usernames !

I think we have some event photos - I'll have to see if I can post one or two up here

Andrew

That would be nice. I tried a couple of recordings (band and duets) but haven't listened to them yet. Might post a link if they're OK.

I have some decent recordings of the band and duets at the Sunday showcase. WCCP don't like unvetted recordings being made public (fair enough) so I won't post a link here but if anyone who was there would like a listen, PM me.