What Do You Do?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do concertina makers have to go into therapy if they fret too much?

Concertinas always speak in tongues.

Members of the underground resistance remove one screw from the end of their concertina, to make sure they always have a bolthole ready.

Then there was the anglo player who tried unsuccessfully to live off his music. He was always strapped for funds.

And the fat man who took up the melodeon, because he felt he needed something diet-tonic.

Does a concertina think it will grow up to be a melodion?
Of course not - it thinks melodions will never grow up

Reminds me of a joke I heard from Robert Harbron:

... What's the difference between a melodeon player and a human sperm.?

............. The human sperm has a 1-in-10 million chance of becoming a human being. :ph34r:

Do accountants play the concertina like a calculator?

If Henry the Eighth had had a concertina that he could not play,would he have had one of the ends cut off?

Would a fast food worker play the concertina with a bag of chips next to them?

When the Astronauts were bouncing on the moon did they have a concertina strapped to each foot ?

Al :ph34r: Now I am being silly!!

Do accountants play the concertina like a calculator?

No we do not! I expect the concertina to produce the right result.

I suppose there could be a use for a concertina with an LED display, or maybe a printing concertina that could print out the tune you just played. :rolleyes:

- John

OK then John, do Concertina players play tunes on their calculators ?

Al :rolleyes:

This one has been known to. :)

I used to have a credit card-size calculator/clock made by CASIO, in which each digit plus the decimal point sounded its own note of the scale. You could use that for inputting your own tune for the clock's alarm, but it could also be set to sound those notes when displaying the result of a calculation.

I never understood why they didn't continue making it, since it's the only calculator I've ever encountered which could be used by a blind person.

I used to have a credit card-size calculator/clock made by CASIO, in which each digit plus the decimal point sounded its own note of the scale.

The forerunner, no doubt, of the VL-1, or VL-Tone, one of the first cheap home synths with editable sounds - which doubled as a handy calculator! I'm the proud owner of one of these things - it hasn't been used on stage since about 1998, but it has a habit of going wonderfully, and unpredictably, out of tune if it's left switched on for long enough. The "drum" patterns also speed up and slow down of their own accord with no warning.

Picture of a Casio VL-Tone

The LCD screen on mine is bust, sadly, so the calculator bit is of no use whatsoever.