Whatever Happened To Duet International ?

On 6/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, Alan Day said:

I wonder if anyone can help me .I have an old recording on cassette from a Dave Townsend ,concertina weekend  Of I think Jean Megly playing a Russian Tune. There is a lot of laughter on the recording so I suspect it is him , Was this recording on the ICA selection of him playing .If not I will get it posted on the Duet recordings page,

Al

Al, I scoured the Various reader's submitted tapes for Duet players several years ago, and there are certainly about 4 on there of Jean playing - I am not, however, aware of any with a lot of laughter on them, so I suspect the answer is it is not on the ICA selection.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:07 PM, Alan Day said:

Wes Williams has agreed to post up the Maurice Harvey archives.

Unfortunately Al's CD arrived just as I was leaving for 2 weeks holiday in Italy. I got back yesterday so I'll set to work on it ASAP. The CD was formatted as a single track (46 minutes long) so needs to be split into individual tracks. I also have a tape that Jim Harvey (Maurice's Dad) distributed around the ICA (courtesy of Malcolm Clapp). It doesn't have any track listings, so will be worth comparing with Al's CD tracks. I think many tracks on that tape are of 'concerted' playing at ICA meetings.

If anyone needs to convert older format recordings, I have various 'old' bits of equipment (reel to reel, Minidisc, cassette, etc) that I can use to to make CDs or MP3s at no cost other than postage. I can also try to improve the quality of many older recordings.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:04 AM, Jim Besser said:

This was posted on Facebook by the International Concertina Association today:

Sad news to hear that David Cornell also has passed away last week after a long illness. He was an excellent musician, orginally opera singer en look here for lots of his work for Duet concertina: 
http://www.concertina.com/cornell/
http://www.concertina.org/sound-archive/

I remember his performances at the Northeast Squeeze In; he was an amazing performer..

I have been speaking with Lesley Heneker regarding her old recordings and she is going to send them to me.So really good news

I have an important message to tell you regarding the arrangements for Duet Concertina By David Cornell. Lesley has the copyright for all these arrangements and read out the details to me. We can use her tracks here (The old recordings are not necessarily his arrangements ) but nobody has the right to publish David,s arrangements for financial gain.

Al.