Bright Red Crabb-doube Reed

So, Geoff, can you tell us a bit about this particular concertina?

I'm sure it would be of interest to many c.netters.

Or would it perhaps be politic to wait until after the auction closes?

Hi Malcolm, I think it would be better to wait although the recorded details of the instrument, like most Crabbs are very basic. I believe the owner can be contacted via Ebay with any questions. We also made a Powder blue version which may have been the third instrument in the trio.

Dave is this part of your on going experiment of concertina dipping ?The first being your Jeffries in the Manchester Ship canal.

I am sure we will all be interested in your final report on this subject?

And have you, Alan, ever tried a chocolate-dipped concertina? B)

Dave is this part of your on going experiment of concertina dipping ?The first being your Jeffries in the Manchester Ship canal.

I am sure we will all be interested in your final report on this subject?

Al ;)

Hi to Alan and Chris,

Despite prolonged effort and not a little guile, I was unable to raise the temperature of the Macclesfield canal to boiling point, so the original series of experiments was sadly abandoned.

Notwithstanding the current resurgence in interest, there appears to be a shortage of willing 'guinea pigs' amongst concertina owners. Being reluctant to give up the crusade for knowledge, I now intend to conduct the next series of experiments by boiling accordions in waters of varying salinity.

It will also be interesting to determine whether the 'screams' often reported to occur at the moment of immersion, emanate from the accordion itself or are in fact screams of delight from onlooking concertina players.

;)

Be lucky

Dave

It will also be interesting to determine whether the 'screams' often reported to occur at the moment of immersion, emanate from the accordion itself or are in fact screams of delight from onlooking concertina players.

I'm sure it's really just a Bernoulli-Doppler effect. ;)

Jim,

To be sure is not good I think. These matters must be prooved !

;)

Be lucky

Dave

I don't think its good to.............err,

But to.............err is human!

You don't think it's good to be human? :unsure:

(Err.... Maybe it's not good to ask. :unsure: :unsure:)

Edited, because I decided I hadn't err..ed enough. ;)

Edited by JimLucas

Not sure about the relationship here Jim.

As I understand it the Bernoulli equation relates to airflow (or movements in fluids - at least it did in my degree - airspeed instruments on aircraft work on the principles described by this equation), whilst doppler effect is to do with the wavelength of light, sound etc. "blue shifting" or "red shifting" relative to your observation. ( <_< is this the tongue in cheek smily?)

Edited by Peter Brook