Happy New Year!

Dirge

I woke up in the early hours and heard the radio say it was already New Year's Eve in New Zealand.... but it's still only lunchtime, here....

My celebration will probably involve the radio and some carbonated water... don't have television anymore so can't watch all the silly people out freezing in the cold while they wait for a ball to drop. Oh well...

But, Happy New Year! :)

don't have television anymore so can't watch all the silly people out freezing in the cold while they wait for a ball to drop.

Neither do we - but we're free to freeze in the cold ourselves aren't we? :D

Thank you for some musical companionship in 2013, Wendy - looking forward to 2014...

Have a nice last half-day in 2013! We'll firstly stay inside of course, going to make some music in private until midnight..

Best wishes - Wolf

12.08 on the first of the first of 2014 here in NZ and I wish you all a most sincere happy new year.

Well, the new year won't arrive here in Denmark for about 5½ hours, but with foresight I'll wish everyone a Happy New Year, wherever you are (and so, whenever it arrives). Besides, when midnight arrives here I'll be distracted by the fireworks, a good two hours worth if the past is any guide. :blink:

(Just to make those of you in the northern hemisphere sick, I'm still in shorts and T shirt)

Not too sick. :) The winter here has been relatively mild, so far. Not quite sweltering, but right now it's about 5° C (about 40° F). And on my friend's a farm 1000 km north of here (62.4° north, in Sweden) it was just above freezing today... until the sun went down.

But I do understand that some others (e.g., in North America) aren't quite as warm. B)