Solo Singer With Concertina? What Players And Albums?

Some great additions; I've added Böhmer's track to my YouTube playlist for "voice and solo concertina".

Also another member pointed out this track in the other thread about (American) Civil War-era songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDud8Q377zE . "Her Bright Smile Haunts Me Still" is one of my favorite songs of that era, and it sounds great on concertina.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all. I´m glad you like it. It´s my first video, I edited (cut) it myself and I´m planning on more. Video is quite new to me, right now I´m exploring the new possibilities.

Yes Adrian, I wanted to go to the Concertina Meeting but couldn´t make it. I miss that input I got last year. I´m still greatful for your advice and teaching.

Yes Adrian, I wanted to go to the Concertina Meeting but couldn´t make it. I miss that input I got last year. I´m still greatful for your advice and teaching.

And so am I as to this year's meeting, whereas in 2013 I hadn't been available for attending Adrian's class because I didn't want to skip lessons from Simon who did a great job too. Best wishes - Wolf

Thanks for your kind comments - I'm glad my input was of some use to you both. I'll certainly be back again next year, at least if Robbie will have me :-)

Adrian

"Musik Böhmer and his Concertina from Hell" performing a blues classic "Dust my Broom".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Asf1a7VEE

Wow, that's fantastic Stefan, very innovative. I really enjoyed this and will have to work on this type of blues delivery on english, a bit more restricted perhaps.

To be a pedant, is this truely "Solo singer with concertina"? what with loops and beat box? Well yes, there's only one singer. But did Matthew mean concertina as the only instrument? Who cares, what you've done is great and a very pro video too. I suspect you've a better program than imovie.

G'day Stefan,

Thanks for the tip re "Lightworks". I've only looked at the homepage so far. If I can find some time I'll delve further.

I was wondering how you mic'd the concer but deft use of the pause button revealed the wire across your thigh. You sneeky fella, the mics are well concealed under your wrists. Would they be microvox or something else?

G'day Stefan,

Thanks for the tip re "Lightworks". I've only looked at the homepage so far. If I can find some time I'll delve further.

I was wondering how you mic'd the concer but deft use of the pause button revealed the wire across your thigh. You sneeky fella, the mics are well concealed under your wrists. Would they be microvox or something else?

Hi Steve,

here is an earlier post where you can see what I did. http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15380&p=145566 The mics I use are mentioned at the end.

• 8 months later...

I'm just uploading my new album to Bandcamp, Matthew - it's a set of nautical songs. Two songs each on anglo, Jeffries duet, and Maccann, one on piano. Will post it on its own thread once it's up - the final track is 16 mins long and taking ages to travel up the pipe...

• 2 years later...