In Praise Of Greg Jowaisas

Second Tuesday of the month.

Time for the local session.

And in moving tables and chairs for it, I manage to knock my concertina over.

Thud, onto a concrete floor.

Fortunately for me, it was snug in one of Greg's custom cases. Not only did extensive (one might says obsessive) checking of the instrument show no harm (*), but the case itself wasn't even damaged.

So, while I still can't figure out how I managed to be so careless (given my usual level of paranoia), I can now say that I have flight tested (or at least "fall tested") the case, and it performed magnificently.

(*) The "more time spent checking the instrument than actually playing tunes, because, you know, you might have missed something" would lend credence to the claims of "obsessive".

The case is now closed! Greg Jowaisas makes the best concertina cases in North America. This "judge" owns three of them.

I settle my case....Greg is also the consumate gentleman who not only tunes and repairs concertinas...but he is always friendly and willing to answer any concertina related questions I have.

I have two cases from Greg. In the first case the case was quick in arriving. In the second case there was a case of overwork which caused a case of consternation on my end. Being caseless was a problem. Both cases are wonderful, though I haven't yet tried the dropped D test, since I play EC. A case of the wrong instrument I suppose.

In case my case was not clear: Greg makes wonderful cases. And that is no joke.

A case of putting your box in the right box!

No, my B/C box is in a different box. Or is it the case that you are using the term box more generally? :) Perhaps we should postpone this discussion until boxing day....

well, in case this hasn't been appreciated well enough yet: The word "case" naturally leads itself to puns, but it's even worse in German, because the second meaning of case (the first one being the case as in "a container to store things like concertinas in") - case as in "Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death" - in German translates to "fall" - itself a homonym, meaning, aside from, well, case, of course "fall" in the sense of something falling (we leave out the additional stray road to the season in between summer and locking for now). Thus, case and things dropping from some height in German essentially are THE SAME; thus, a case falling to the floor is a redundancy (as in "criminal lawyer.")

I love it (no, not McDonalds, language)!

Edited by Ruediger R. Asche

well, in case this hasn't been appreciated well enough yet: The word "case" naturally leads itself to puns, but it's even worse in German, because the second meaning of case (the first one being the case as in "a container to store things like concertinas in") - case as in "Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death" - in German translates to "fall" - itself a homonym, meaning, aside from, well, case, of course "fall" in the sense of something falling (we leave out the additional stray road to the season in between summer and locking for now). Thus, case and things dropping from some height in German essentially are THE SAME; thus, a case falling to the floor is a redundancy (as in "criminal lawyer.")

I love it (no, not McDonalds, language)!

Rüdiger, you'll remember the following advert:

Im Falle eines Falles klebt Uhu wirklich alles!

(In case of a drop "Uhu" will glue anything)

OTOH in English it might have been put like this:

In case of a drop a drop of "Uhu" is all you need!