Unusual Wheatstone Sold

Freddy

For a bit of extra info. for those interested, Chris Algar described this one when he sold it to its last owner as:-

"This is a pretty unique Wheatstone anglo concertina of top period"

"It is in good condition and has been restored, so it is in concert pitch with new pads, valves and straps."

"the fact that it has more chord options , make me think that it may be of more interest to a chord player and probably to someone who not only wants a top quality anglo but also a piece of history with unique character."

"There may be others like this, but I have never seen one in 30 years of trading so don't miss it!"

(eBay April '07)

Hope this helps cast more light on the instrument for any who are interested. As to its uniqueness, I'm sure our C.net folks can offer authoratative insights as well, but perhaps this will help for starters.

ATB

For the benefit of Chris Algar, and the satisfaction of fellow pedants everywhere, may I just point out that uniqueness is an absolute. You can no more be "pretty unique" than a bit pregnant or slightly dead.

"Pretty unique" might be sort of an understatement in order to underline just that absoluteness... B)

Pretty is a word in common usage meaning 'fairly or 'somewhat' or something like that.So he means 'close to unique' or " I could not say definately but probably unique". Another case of a definate possible maybe. :blink:

Edited by Geoff Wooff