Irish Sales Site Done Deal

michael sam wild

Looks at first glance similar to some being sold recently on Ebay. Can't remember the brand now, pretty sure it was an Irish firm. There was some discussion here, but I can't remember the outcome.

I don't think anyone had played one.

I asked for some more photos and they are boorinwood concertinas. something fishy though. action he showing on ad is from a wheatstone linota i'm fairly sure.....

Yep, that was it - same firm, same comment about the action.

The reason given, IIRC, was that actual units were not available and the photograph was "representative". But that was months ago, they have been on Ebay £500 BIN £1000 several times now.

Maybe he's trying to get some sales before he actually orders some?

PS tried a search on Borinwood to find the earlier thread but didn't find it.

Edited by malcolmbebb

here's the reply i got for anyone just incase they were considering looking at these...

Dear Sean,

I have taken one apart to show the " works ".

Wouldn't it be hard to have blocks to allow the reeds to be placed round the " outside " in in a circle.

I suspect that you have never had an English concertina apart so cannot understand a different design where there wouldn't

be any blocks like you get in all the " budget " Martini, Stentor, Stephanelli, Scaralati, Hohner, Stagi & a few French ones too.

Theese sell between £200 & £800 or more. I understand that apart from being Italian made they are accordion type / shape reeds.

Very many thanks for taking the bother to write to me. Why not buy one & see if they get your aproval, if they do, & want to buy

quantity of them we supply you @ trade prices ( & allow the diff. of the first one as a credit on the new order )

B. r.,

J. P.

I had a similar experience with him a while back. I asked him a question about a concertina and was basically told that he would answer my question after I bought it. I know there are people on c.net who think that he's ok to deal with. I suppose that it's possible that he's more reasonable in person than via e-mail.

here's the reply i got for anyone just incase they were considering looking at these...

Dear Sean,

Wouldn't it be hard to have blocks to allow the reeds to be placed round the " outside " in in a circle.

I suspect that you have never had an English concertina apart so cannot understand a different design where there wouldn't

be any blocks like you get in all the " budget " Martini, Stentor, Stephanelli, Scaralati, Hohner, Stagi & a few French ones too.

Theese sell between £200 & £800 or more. I understand that apart from being Italian made they are accordion type / shape reeds.

Very many thanks for taking the bother to write to me. Why not buy one & see if they get your aproval, if they do, & want to buy

quantity of them we supply you @ trade prices ( & allow the diff. of the first one as a credit on the new order )

B. r.,

J. P.

Dear Sean,

B. r.,

J. P.

This looks as if it was translated by a machine, from Chinese. Or perhaps it was sent from a phone whilst the man was having a social evening. It certainly would not inspire confidence in any potential customer.

Geoff.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

PS tried a search on Borinwood to find the earlier thread but didn't find it.

FWIW: I have found the "Search" function here in the Forums to be getting progressively more and more useless. If I want to find something specific, I use Google's own Advanced Search page and restrict the search to the domain "concertina.net". Maybe not perfect, but massively more helpful, I'm sorry to say.

P.S. I'm not blaming Paul. I assume it's what's-their-name who provide the forum software and seem to keep trying to make everything more "social", but unfortunately less functional.