What's this tune?

Paul_Hardy

What is this (http://www.pghardy.n...emp/eatmd_1.mp3) rather catchy tune (played at the recent East Anglian Traditional Music Day)?

It is known as Will Atkinson's tune. Alistair Anderson learned it From Will Atkinson, who remembered the tune from about 70 years earlier.

As he could not recall a name for it, Alistair gave it the name it is now known by.

It is the second tune on the page attached here.

- John Wild

What is this (http://www.pghardy.n...emp/eatmd_1.mp3) rather catchy tune (played at the recent East Anglian Traditional Music Day)?

It is known as Will Atkinson's tune. Alistair Anderson learned it From Will Atkinson, who remembered the tune from about 70 years earlier.

As he could not recall a name for it, Alistair gave it the name it is now known by.

It is the second tune on the page attached here.

- John Wild

Nice tune: Is the collection you pulled the page from generally available? If so, I'd certainly like a copy. I'll be happy to convert it to abc too if that would be useful.

Nice tune: Is the collection you pulled the page from generally available? If so, I'd certainly like a copy. I'll be happy to convert it to abc too if that would be useful.

It is a page from a Concertinas at Witney workshop pack some years ago, so it would have been distributed only to those going there that year.

I am sure I have a typed up version somewhere and will try to find it over the weekend.,

You could also try previous ICA music supplements.

regards

John

It is a page from a Concertinas at Witney workshop pack some years ago, so it would have been distributed only to those going there that year.

I am sure I have a typed up version somewhere and will try to find it over the weekend.,

You could also try previous ICA music supplements.

regards

John

Thanks John, I'll see what I can find.