Take that, harp players.....

If I were in the Hospital, I think that a harp would just be too frightening. The concertina seems much more, um, HOPEFUL.

I interpreted NNY's subject line and story to mean that the concertina music was encouraging the hospital patients to come forward and leave by the front door, spurning the exit that leads to the harp orchestra in the clouds. :)

Being a player of both, they certainly support different frames of mind. Haven't ever tried a glissando on my Crane duet .... that 's a fact :lol:

However, it would be easier to make a quick exit with the Crane should something unexpected happen.

Edited by saguaro_squeezer

encouraging the hospital patients to come forward and leave by the front door, spurning the exit that leads to the harp orchestra in the clouds. :)

Nice concept indeed.

Thought he'd been talking about (perhaps then heavily overblown) harmonicas in that hospital...

I play both, and I admit it we harp players do sort of dominate the hospital and retirement homes. Never thought of taking my concertina to play in that situation. Certainly would be easier to carry.

chouston14, welcome to the forum. You need to think about coming down to Palestine, TX next spring for the Old Time Music Festival (w/Concertinas, of course!) You're not too far away in OK!

Sorry for the thread hijack ... I saw harp and concertina and temporarily forgot myself :P

I play both, and I admit it we harp players do sort of dominate the hospital and retirement homes. Never thought of taking my concertina to play in that situation. Certainly would be easier to carry.

chouston14, welcome to the forum. You need to think about coming down to Palestine, TX next spring for the Old Time Music Festival (w/Concertinas, of course!) You're not too far away in OK!

Sorry for the thread hijack ... I saw harp and concertina and temporarily forgot myself :P

Thanks for the welcome and the info on the Old Time Music Festival. I am not familiar with it. I might check it out next spring.