National Accordion Awareness Month

According to this website June is National Accordion Awareness Month.

More interestingly I found the following quote from the site:

When people think of an accordion, they usually envision that large, black monstrosity with piano keys on one side and about a thousand buttons on the other side. However, the accordion family also includes Cajun button boxes, chromatic and diatonic button accordions, the concertina, the bayan, and the bandoneon.

...sporting this bumper sticker on my car:

Pro Accordion -- And I Vote!

Hmm. I think my would have to say:

Amateur Concertina -- And I Snipe! :P

(You think that's tasteless? I thought of a punny response to one of yesterday's posts that was so tasteless I censored myself!) :o

Is there a central database for registering this and that awareness weeks ?

:D Well, it's probably only available during 'AWARENESS WEEK' awareness week. :blink:

Anyway, re bumper stickers, I have one that says 'I'm marching to a different accordion.' It's old now and kind of bad-looking but I like it so I still have it.

I promise to clean my car, though, someday. (It only goes within a few-miles radius now, anyway, since it makes too many scary noises.)

According to this website June is National Accordion Awareness Month.

Well, it's nice not having to be aware of them the rest of the time, but did they have to make it a whole month? (Hi, Helen! ;) )

For that matter, who declared it to be? Does the US Congress do these things, or just some group that takes it on itself to "raise people's awareness"? E.g., some retailers' association might want to stimulate us to buy gifts for our accordions. Concertinas, too. After all, a sale is a sale.

Hmm. How about a "tune up"? Or some nice gold embossing on the bellows? (Bob T., do you have special rates this month? :) )

Hi right back, Jim,

Live with it (accordion month). I bet they are gearing up for an accordion year.

Hee hee hee.

Helen

(Okay the B was supposed to be bold. Obviously I haven't mastered how to do it. Computers are harder to do than accordions. Just pretend that the word year is in bold type. Thanks.) :rolleyes:

Edited by Helen

I had the "I march to a different accordion" bumper sticker, but haven't gotten another one for the new car yet.

I think I'd like one that says "I dance to a different drummer." (Or accordion, but changing two words would probably mean that few people would realize it's a parody.)