Another Jeffries scam?

david robertson

Even if that auction were ligit (and it's not), the auction would get cancelled because telling people not to use certain features (like ask seller a question) and telling people the auction will get cancelled if under a certain price (without using reserve) is against eBay rules.

Already gone. The fastest way to get a fraudulent eBay auction canceled is to contact eBay and point out issues like the ones described by Azalin.

Even if that auction were ligit (and it's not), the auction would get cancelled because telling people not to use certain features (like ask seller a question) and telling people the auction will get cancelled if under a certain price (without using reserve) is against eBay rules.

Already gone. The fastest way to get a fraudulent eBay auction canceled is to contact eBay and point out issues like the ones described by Azalin.

I'm sort of surprised that they don't scan the text for such things when an auction is created, and automatically prevent the auction from being listed in the first place.

I'm sort of surprised that they don't scan the text for such things when an auction is created, and automatically prevent the auction from being listed in the first place.

Given the massive volume of traffic on the eBay site, I would think the cost of scanning every listing would be prohibitive. My guess is they depend on their users to do most of the policing.

There's the catch. He used images. Can't efficiently scan images for text, yet :-) There's text recognition software, but it's easy to scramble the text using some imaging techniques.

Edited by Azalin