Bullethead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

I'm accessing this forum from a Windows desktop and have 2 problems:

1.  Can't Paste Anything

Whether I try to paste the normal way using CTRL-C and CTRL-V, or whether I use the various "Paste From" buttons at the top of this window, nothing happens.  As a result, I have to type everything in manually.

2.  Can't Quote

When I click on the quote button, the forum thinks for a little while (green bar at top with animated white dots), and then the reply window opens with no quote shown in it.

Are these problems common to everybody?  Do I just have to get through some newbie probationary period before these features start working?  Or is there some setting I have to change to make them work?

Thanks.

#2 rob carr

rob carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:05 AM

I have the same with quotes. I thought it was something with windows 10 which came on my new pc

#3 alex_holden

alex_holden

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:37 AM

Can you try a different browser, e.g. Chrome or Firefox?

#4 Bullethead

Bullethead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

Can you try a different browser, e.g. Chrome or Firefox?

Aha, Chrome works for both quotes and pasting.  Thanks.  Although I hate Chrome......

#5 Paul_Hardy

Paul_Hardy

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Aha, Chrome works for both quotes and pasting.  Thanks.  Although I hate Chrome......

I confirm - Internet Explorer doesn't work properly for the forums under either Windows 7 or 10. Neither does the new Edge browser under Windows 10. So I have to switch to Chrome for these forums. This is odd, as as far I can see, all other web sites work fine under Edge, and I rather like it (other than lack of ability to right click on a link and save target).

#6 JimR

JimR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:11 AM

I confirm - Internet Explorer doesn't work properly for the forums under either Windows 7 or 10. Neither does the new Edge browser under Windows 10. So I have to switch to Chrome for these forums. This is odd, as as far I can see, all other web sites work fine under Edge, and I rather like it (other than lack of ability to right click on a link and save target).

Agreed. With Edge on Win10 I could not Quote or MultiQuote using the corresponding button, but I was able to copy/paste, then add the quote /quote tags (surrounded by square brackets).

Edited by JimR, 16 October 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#7 David Barnert

David Barnert

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3051 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

FWIW, no problem on a Mac or iPhone (both using Safari browser and the iPhone using the desktop version of the forum).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paste, quote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users