Photo essay: Nasty Concertina-Shaped Object (CSO) turned into respecta

This was a tough gig

http://tinyurl.com/cvov7a

The end result looked great and the sense of pride you must have has been richly deserved. I can think of many worse ways to earn a crust.

Ian

Don't be too impressed, I made my customer wait about a year to get it done. I felt so guilty about making him wait that I didn't charge him for the new bellows.

So, not only am I slow.....I am only an average businessman at best!

This was a tough gig

http://tinyurl.com/cvov7a

Gee Bob -- were those rubber tubing slice "springs" original with Lachenal, or someone's quick fix (neatly applied, tho).

Wait till the Chinese get a look at that :lol:

But it was nice of Lachenal to glue in that label for the reed pitches -- anyone else ever do that?

--Mike K.

Edited by ragtimer

Don't be too impressed, I made my customer wait about a year to get it done. I felt so guilty about making him wait that I didn't charge him for the new bellows.

So, not only am I slow.....I am only an average businessman at best!

Wow, only a year to get the box fixed? I've had a box in for restoration for 15 months now. Hope to see it before 2 years.

Steve

Edited by SteveS

I t thought the rubber tubing instead of springs was brilliant. I can only imagine the mind at work, analyzing the problem, looking at the still and taking the tubing off. Pulling the old spring out, putting in the tube. Playing, and then saying to self, ...wow. Cushy action, let's tear the rest of those offending springs out, and replace them. Upon completion of the concertina repair putting a paper clip and masking tape on the eyeglasses, and walking down the street to the session.