Eigse Mrs Crotty

Larryo

Guest Peter Laban
I am the Secretary of Kilrush Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann who are holding a festival on the week-end of Aug 14-to 16 replacing the Eigse Mrs Crotty. Friday Aug 14th 1-4p.m. Set Dancing Workshop with Mary Clancy in Teach Cheoil. 6.45 Official Opening of Festival. 7p.m. Ceili in the Square with Johnny Reidy Ceili Band. Sat Aug 15th 10a.m.-1p.m. Sean-nOs dancing workshop with Aidan Vaughan in Teach Cheoil. 3-6pm. Ceili in the Square with Four Courts Ceili Band. 8p.m. Traditional Concert in the Teach Cheoil. Sun Aug 16th. 3p.m. Music in the Wall Gardens. 7-9p.m. Ceili in the Square with the five Counties.

Traditional Sessions in the pubs throughout the week-end. enquiries to 0860854834. Come along and enjoy the week-end. Anne.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From information received a fair number of concertina players from Ireland and beyond will be attending the weekend.If you are going to attend could you make it known so we can ascertain if it may be possible to have a concertina specific event of some kind.

• 1 month later...

Well the "Not the Mrs. Crotty Festival" is nearly upon us, and posters with the final official programme have gone up around Kilrush, so this is the one in the window of my shop, on Frances Street:

P10306752.jpg

And it won't clash with the Cruinniú na mBád (Gathering of the Boats) festival in Kinvara, Co. Galway this year either, so I'll be able to go and see the Galway hookers racing the following weekend. :)

• 2 weeks later...