Flickr group

Today someone told me of This Flickr Group.

The group admin says:

Anything relating to concertinas - I noticed there are already plenty of accordion groups and a melodeon group on Flickr, but could not find a group purely for concertinas, so here it is!. Family-friendly group please.

I don't have flickr account and haven't my photos up yet, but to see photos there is pleasing :P .

--

Taka

The group admin says:

Anything relating to concertinas - I noticed there are already plenty of accordion groups and a melodeon group on Flickr, but could not find a group purely for concertinas, so here it is!. Family-friendly group please.

I don't have flickr account and haven't my photos up yet, but to see photos there is pleasing :P .

--

Taka

Very interesting find, Taka.

"Gothic Toad" is a member of C.net, but I will let him post here if he wishes to reveal his identity. He's actually an old school friend, so I have known him almost 40 years!

Regards,

Peter.

I've been using Flickr for some time now for all sorts of photos, and had posted some concertina photos, it was nice to see a specific group formed just a few days ago. I guess like any passion whether train spotting or whatever, it is nice to see pictures associated with that passion. Of course following through to the photostream of the poster can broaden your view and insight into the life of the poster.

Simon

• 4 weeks later...
I've put a couple more pics up in the group :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladydetemps/

I've also been updating my flicker photostream.

I have a Flickr account, undere "ragtimer1." And I've posted some photos, notably of Musical Oddities.

But -- how do I join the COncertina group so I can post photos there?

Or do I post them in my own stream, then somehow (?) get them also included in the C. group?

Thanks, Mike K.

I have a Flickr account, undere "ragtimer1." And I've posted some photos, notably of Musical Oddities.

There's also this group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1019748@N21/

I'm sure that LDT will confirm, but as far as I'm aware, any flickr member can join the public group, and contribute photographs.

Regards,

Peter

Or do I post them in my own stream, then somehow (?) get them also included in the C. group?

Thanks, Mike K.

Yes - you have to post photos to your own photostream first and then you can add them to groups using either the 'send to group' option which is located just above your photo, or else you can use the 'Organise' option which is located in the main 'Flickr menu on each photo page.

You will need to 'join' any group before you can add photos to it - go to the group's main page and you should see an option 'join this group?'

The group admin says:

--

Taka

Thanks Taka,

I've posted a couple of photos up there now too.

Cheers

Dick

Thanks, Mike K.

Yes - you have to post photos to your own photostream first and then you can add them to groups using either the 'send to group' option which is located just above your photo, or else you can use the 'Organise' option which is located in the main 'Flickr menu on each photo page.

You will need to 'join' any group before you can add photos to it - go to the group's main page and you should see an option 'join this group?'

Thanks very much. I just now joined the Art of C. group, and have submitted some of my previously uploaded photos for inclusion.

I used yet naother method to submit the pix -- within the Group home page, there is a button for submitting from yoru own photo stream. Very easy to use.

I learn something new about Flickr every day :P -- Mike K.

There's also this group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1019748@N21/

I'm sure that LDT will confirm, but as far as I'm aware, any flickr member can join the public group, and contribute photographs.

Regards,

Peter

Yep. Just join and you can ad your pictures. Might take time for them to appear if you post at the weekend coz I've got 'moderation' on so I have to approve any images submitted.

Thanks very much. I just now joined the Art of C. group, and have submitted some of my previously uploaded photos for inclusion.

I used yet naother method to submit the pix -- within the Group home page, there is a button for submitting from yoru own photo stream. Very easy to use.

I learn something new about Flickr every day :P -- Mike K.

I'm still finding my way round myself. lol! Thanks for the submissions.

Since the subject is groups, did you know there is also a concertina group on YouTube? Most of the contributors are members here:

http://www.youtube.com/group/concertina

But there hasn't been much activity in a while.

Thanks

Leo :D

Good info, thanks. I didn['t knwo there were groups on YouTube, tho I view it a lot.

I have seen a lot of concertina vids up there, including some serious Hayden Duet playing by our own Boney.

--Mike K.

PS: There are two concertina groups on FLickr -- THe ARt of the COncertina, and just Concertina. I've joined them both and added some photos.