Dedication - or "Blood on the Buttons"

That is blood on the buttons. I was putting my new Japanese knife into the drawer and the knife slipped. I put some super-glue on the cut. But even though I bandaged it as well, the super glue slipped under the pressure of playing and I leaked through a bit - which I didn't realize for a few minutes. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Patrick Olwell (flutemaker) is visiting and there hasn't been a minute to spare feeling sorry for oneself.

As Ringo says after "Helter Skelter" on The White Album: "I've got blisters on my fingers."

Its a halloween concertina now then? ;)

I put some super-glue on the cut.

You see I don't think super glue is meant for cuts...thats for sticking stuff like paper together. :blink: Was the cut on your hand or your fingers?

You see I don't think super glue is meant for cuts...thats for sticking stuff like paper together.

Super Glue is the same stuff as the wound glue used in hospital A&E departments. Much nicer than putting in stitches, especially for small, wriggling children. Just have to be careful not to glue your fingers together. ;)

You see I don't think super glue is meant for cuts...thats for sticking stuff like paper together.

Actually, I believe their use as surgical adhesives was one of the first suggested uses uses for cyanoacrylates.

That is blood on the buttons. I was putting my new Japanese knife into the drawer and the knife slipped. I put some super-glue on the cut. But even though I bandaged it as well, the super glue slipped under the pressure of playing and I leaked through a bit - which I didn't realize for a few minutes. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Patrick Olwell (flutemaker) is visiting and there hasn't been a minute to spare feeling sorry for oneself.

As Ringo says after "Helter Skelter" on The White Album: "I've got blisters on my fingers."

I hope the concertina is alright :ph34r:

While cutting a cork with a single edged razor blade I sliced the crap out of myself. If the fingernail hadn't slowed the blade down it would have been really bad. Blood all over the clarinet I was working on. I rinsed out the cut, squirted on the super glue, the thin stuff works best for cuts, and wrapped in duct tape. Ready to keep going on the repair. Super-glue straight from the bottle appears as sterile as it needs to be. Works well as a surface seal. The risk is if a serious cut you may have to reapply after the first sets in a minute. If you think about a stitch just intended for holding a wound together, no real difference on the glue.

While cutting a cork with a single edged razor blade I sliced the crap out of myself. If the fingernail hadn't slowed the blade down it would have been really bad. Blood all over the clarinet I was working on. I rinsed out the cut, squirted on the super glue, the thin stuff works best for cuts, and wrapped in duct tape. Ready to keep going on the repair. Super-glue straight from the bottle appears as sterile as it needs to be. Works well as a surface seal. The risk is if a serious cut you may have to reapply after the first sets in a minute. If you think about a stitch just intended for holding a wound together, no real difference on the glue.

Have to make sure you don't put your hand on something before it dries or you might end up glued to your concertina...literally. lol!

After analysis I'd say this is the right side of the concertina, and you were using the G/A, C/B and ?/? buttons. Now, I don't know what is your first button on your accidental row. Let's say it's a C#/Eb, then I'd say you were using it for the C#, which means you were playing a tune in D or Em/Edorian (never sure which one has the C#).

So, am I right??

I used to think this, until I went in to the emergency room to get stitched up, after getting a aluminum push stick stuck in my palm. I tryed the super glue thing, got chewed out by the doctor. Turns out it is not the same glue that is used in surgery, that glue is cartilage based, where the superglue is very caustic, burns the skin. You can buy the other stuff at the drug store, goes by the name, liquid skin, or some such. So I would recommend NOt using super glue on open wounds.

Now duct tape is very good for bullet holes, thye use it on the battle field!

Take care,

Jon