Anglo D/a

Someone claims to have one of these for sale, yet I haven't run across any before. While A/D is common for DBAs, have folks seen D/A concertinas? I would like to have one.

Someone claims to have one of these for sale, yet I haven't run across any before. While A/D is common for DBAs, have folks seen D/A concertinas? I would like to have one.

I own a D/A Jeffries 30 key. It plays very nicely, but is pitched two semitones above a standard C/G.

What I would really like is a D/A pitched 5 semitones below a standard G/D, down in the baritone range.

I would like to sell my Jeffries and order a baritone D/A, but initial inquiries from potential makers are not promising.

Don't really want to sell my Jeffries until/unless I can get a baritone, but make me an offer.... :o

MC

Hey, thanks. I'm just a hack who plays folk tunes--I think I'll purchase this little German 20 button. It's cheap, but it's the fast way to play with my fiddlin buddies..

Hey, thanks. I'm just a hack who plays folk tunes--I think I'll purchase this little German 20 button. It's cheap, but it's the fast way to play with my fiddlin buddies..

If you are not succesful here you may ask at KLINGENTHAL whether they can build you one. They are not exensive and very kind. I play a 20 button double reed C/G with a substituted C#/Bb. Try under http://www.akkordeon-schau-manufaktur.de/

Edited by klaus guhl

If you are not succesful here you may ask at KLINGENTHAL whether they can build you one. They are not exensive and very kind. I play a 20 button double reed C/G with a substituted C#/Bb. Try under http://www.akkordeon-schau-manufaktur.de/

Klaus,

I read about someone at a German concertina weekend who was playing tunes in D on a 20-k C/G - was that you?

As a matter of interest, which notes did you sacrifice for your C#/Bb? And which is "press" and which is "draw"?

Cheers,

John

I have built two d/a baritone concertinas and several d/a in both standard and tenor/treble. A very useful system, nice low pitch. Only available by commission as far as I know.

Bob Tedrow