Congratulations To Jim

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistical analysis shows that, as Jim joined on 19/08/2003, with 1,700 posts to 15th June, there is an average of 5.64784053156146 posts per day.

at that rate, Jim should reach 2,000 on 7th August. I will not know until a week later as I have a holiday booked.

Regards,

John

Statistical analysis shows that, as Jim joined on 19/08/2003, with 1,700 posts to 15th June, there is an average of 5.64784053156146 posts per day.

at that rate, Jim should reach 2,000 on 7th August.

Hmm. I've never trusted averages as indicators, so I just checked my averages at other points in my trajectory, and my posting rate (not to be confused with postal rate) seems to be slowly increasing. Not sure why, since I've actually been trying to cut back. Who knows what the future will bring?

• 1300 - 5.3279
  • 1400 - 5.4054
  • 1500 - 5.4545
  • 1600 - 5.5363
  • 1700 - 5.6478

For my 100th post, I thought I would mention my fervent hope that Paul and Ken figure out an a way to subtract usage points for non-substantive posts. ;)

Shouldn't we first have a discussion of what is and is not substantive?

E.g., is a discussion of substantivity substantive?

How about a discussion of the use of words not found on dictionary.com, like "substantivity"? B)

• 2 weeks later...
Aw no!  Is this thread still being resurrected?

You realize, of course, that by complaining, you've helped perpetuate it. :)

I thought about posting almost 100 posts in this thread, to raise my total to another round number, but not only would that be cheating, it wouldn't even be fun.

Besides, Paul might get justifiably annoyed.

Well, maybe I can wait for 2000 before I mark my progress here, again.

Move over , Jim and Helen. There's three of us, now (but for how long?)

Chris

Edited to add PS

PS this is also the 100th post in this thread. Seems appropriate.

Edited by Chris Timson

Move over , Jim and Helen. There's three of us, now (but for how long?)

Welcome to the ring, Chris. :)

Now what are the rules for a 3-way boxing match? :unsure:

... (No, that's not what one uses to set fire to a trio of concertinas! :angry: )

Well howdeeeeeeeeee Chris,

Welcome. And let's not forget I was willing to give you 35 or whatever posts before to bring you on up. But hey, you did it on your own. :rolleyes:

Now, if you forgot about doing anything else, you could knock poor Jim out of first place!

I'll gladly be third.

Helen

:lol: :D :rolleyes: :o :)

Now, if you forgot about doing anything else, you could knock poor Jim out of first place!

Good luck!

Adding David B.'s and Bellowbelle's totals (the two next highest) to Chris' and yours, Helen, still doesn't reach mine alone. For that you would need to inclulde Rhomylly, too. :)

Well, lookee here Jim,

We could become a multiple personality and take you on.

Garcon, garcon, (Ken, that is you) come meld David, Chris, Wendy, Rhomylly and me together.

Hee hee hee. Then we will be the blob and roll all over you, Jim.

Anyone else want to be a part of the blob?

Well, I dunno, Ken if you can do the melding and be part of the blob group. But hey, you seem very talented.

Helen

:P :o :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

And Alan Day could put on his beads and get out of jail and come dance at the winners' party.

:) :unsure: B) :P :D

We just don't want you to think you are unassailable, Jim.

Oh heck, forget the numbers. Let's just all get together and have a party.

Helen

Garcon, garcon, (Ken, that is you) come meld David, Chris, Wendy, Rhomylly and me together.

That might be legal in Massachusetts, but I think there may be laws against doing it acrross state lines. And including Chris T. would make it an international conglomerate... which would require approval of both US and EU regulators. I doubt they'd have much interest in your plight (as far as I know, one member of the Swedish parliament is the only concertina player in government), and by the time they're done investigating I'd be past 10,000. ;)

We just don't want you to think you are unassailable, Jim.

Not at all. In fact, I went sailing just last weekend. Had a wonderful time! :D

And including Chris T. would make it an international conglomerate...

While all these blobby plans are being made, I feel I should just point out that I have a strange complaint that causes me to break out in a mild rash whenever I conglomerate. Just thought you ought to be aware of this.

Chris