Arran Concertina Event

Hi all

Im new to the forum and didnt realise there was an event in Arran which i can see every day living near Troon, so can somebody give me the dates and venue please .

I play anglo, scottish mostly, but willing to spread my musical bent.

cheers

Roy

Have you tried the Ergonomics forum for that?

It's a nice event, and you should fit right in. Samantha, the organiser, also plays anglo and lives in Kilmory.

Chris

PS welcome to the forum. This is a very comfortable place for concertina players of many, um, bents to hang out. You should like it here too.

Edited by Chris Timson

Hello Roy! You'd be most welcome at the next Arran Concertina Event which will be 3rd to 6th October (Friday supper to Monday breakfast). I will certainly e putting up an invite/announcement nearer the time, but if you want to pm me with your email address I'll put you on my mailing list.

Samantha

Hi all

Im new to the forum and didnt realise there was an event in Arran which i can see every day living near Troon, so can somebody give me the dates and venue please .

cheers

Roy

Roy

I will be working a lot at the Air Traffic Control Centre in Prestwick for the next few years. Are there any sessions in the locality? I shall be taking up residence in the Piersland Hotel in Troon.

Im new to the forum and didnt realise there was an event in Arran which i can see every day living near Troon....

I will be working a lot at the Air Traffic Control Centre in Prestwick for the next few years. Are there any sessions in the locality? I shall be taking up residence in the Piersland Hotel in Troon.

I recall a session on Arran itself.

Why wait for the ACE? I'll bet Samantha -- and the rest -- would be pleased to see you guys there any time. :)

Hi all

cheers

Roy

Roy

Hi Lester well i managed to escape from there 13 years ago, having spent 30 odd years working for the same outfit as yourself on the TELs side .

E-mail me when you arrive or phone

rkavampsev@aol.com or 01563 850976

cheers

roy

Hello Roy! You'd be most welcome at the next Arran Concertina Event which will be 3rd to 6th October (Friday supper to Monday breakfast). I will certainly e putting up an invite/announcement nearer the time, but if you want to pm me with your email address I'll put you on my mailing list.

Samantha

Hi Samantha yep put me on the mailing list please, do you have any sessions over there as i could nip over for the night some time

e-mail is

rkavampsev@aol.com or 01563 850976

cheers Samantha

Roy

Edited by Royk

Well things are looking up on the West Coast! Welcome Roy!

I'm working in Aberdeen during the week but travelling down to West Kilbride most weekends - My house is there but a lot of weekends are spent trying to sail.

As far as I know, there are no regular sessions, and Jim Kane (who also frequents the forum from time to time) who lives in Greenock has to go into Glasgow for a mostly Irish sssion once a week.

Best not post e-mail addresses within the posts - too much risk of spamming, but send me a pm and we'll try to find a friendly pub somewhere between Troon & West Kilbride to start our own sessions in!

And I promise to try to get across to ACE myself this year!

Alex

Currently just two weekly sessions on Arran, Sunday night in Brodick and Tuesday night in Catacol - there will be a few more once the "season" gets under way ...

Anyone planning to come to the Sunday session at the Ormidale Hotel let me know (via pm) nd I'll try to get along myself (the Arran Concertina Event ends up here in its last night each year).

All the best

Samantha

Edited by Samantha

Samantha

Hi Samantha yep put me on the mailing list please, do you have any sessions over there as i could nip over for the night some time

cheers Samantha

Roy

See above re sessions. Got your details now Roy and will be in touch nearer the time.

All the best

Samantha