Lachenal Anglo On Ebay

Marien

Popi?

Of course! Popi the Sailorman! I wonder if he plays the concertina too? ;)

Popeye! Of course he does! Have you seen those forearms?

thanks

Leo

My goodness, it went for £1621.00! Sold by an ebayer with no feedback, either buying or selling! And therefore only up to £150 paypal protection so very risky.

Do you think this was really legit?

Pamela

Only time will tell. You can forgive anyone for lack of knowledge about what they are selling, but I do worry when a 40 key instrument (including drone, but excluding air valve) is described as having 44 keys/buttons.

However, it did look like a nice instrument, in "original" condition.

Regards,

Peter.

Perhaps the buyer had an opportunity to inspect the instrument before buying or did something else along those lines. My gut feeling on this one was that it was ok, but it's of course hard to know for sure.

Daniel

My goodness, it went for £1621.00! Sold by an ebayer with no feedback, either buying or selling! And therefore only up to £150 paypal protection so very risky.

Pamela

I know the seller from elsewhere, and he's straight.

He's only a few miles from me, and I had hopes to see it and report back, but ran out of time.

I'm seeing him tomorrow morning, and he may have it wih him - just for a quick play!

I'll report back ASAP

MichaelB

Ooops sorry, I forgot that there are more languages in the world.

With popi (pronounced popee) I don't mean the sailorman and I am not referring to the pope,

but I meant that the information in the ad was formulated in a wannabee popular style.

In Dutch language, popi is a slang abbreviation of the word popular.

Ooops sorry, I forgot that there are more languages in the world.

With popi (pronounced popee) I don't mean the sailorman and I am not referring to the pope,

but I meant that the information in the ad was formulated in a wannabee popular style.

In Dutch language, popi is a slang abbreviation of the word popular.

Ah.. I figured it was something such thing! It just struck me as amusing because of Popeye and the recent "did sailors play the concertina?" thread recently and such.. All in jest of course! ;)

So... did Popeye, along with eating spinach, ever play the concertina?

Pamela

And this one: 280194433122 , basically a complete rebuild of what appears to be the same model played to death, went for nearly the same price.... i would say someone will have buyers remorse very soon. krazy. :(

And this one: 280194433122 , basically a complete rebuild of what appears to be the same model played to death, went for nearly the same price.... i would say someone will have buyers remorse very soon. krazy. :(

Curiously, they were both bought by the same person, based in Ireland (so I doubt if he had a chance to inspect the better of the two, in Portsmouth). If he's dealing in them, it's hard to see how he's going to make money at those prices. Normally, I'd have expected Chris Algar to hoover them up, but those bids really were a bit out of line with the market. Let's hope he's just an enthusiastic player/collector, and that he'll now stop buying (but preferably not before he puts in a ludicrously extravagant bid for the 41k metal-ended Lachenal I'm selling at the moment! ;)

It was already packed to go when I saw the seller - so no luck there...but he did have some more pictures...

I wonder if an Irish buyer could afford to pay a bit over the odds for what appears to be a good (but perhps not remarkable instrument - of unknown key and pitch) because the pound is at a record low to the Euro, giving a bit of leeway?

MichaelB