64-button Aeola For Sale

david robertson

I'l be putting this one on eBay w/c 5th November, but if anyone would like to make me an offer first, please get in touch.

It's a fully restored Aeola, with new pads, valves, springs and bushes, and refinished ends. The original buttons have been replaced at some time in its life with plastic-cored, nickel-capped ones (a Good Thing!), but the 6-fold bellows are original and perfect. It also comes with its original leather box, complete with working lock and key. Serial No. is 23706. I'll be away until 5-11, but if you'd like to arrange to come and take a look, you can reach me on 07840 838899. I'm looking for offers around £2250.

David Robertson

Edited by david robertson

Is this a baritone/treble or a treble extended down? If that doesn't make sense, is the C below middle C on the left hand (baritone/treble) or the right hand?

It's a treble extended in both directions - down like a tenor/treble, and up like an extended treble. The low C is on the right hand.

In other words, you've got the normal treble range, plus four extra buttons above and below.

Is this a baritone/treble or a treble extended down? If that doesn't make sense, is the C below middle C on the left hand (baritone/treble) or the right hand?

It's a treble extended in both directions - down like a tenor/treble, and up like an extended treble. The low C is on the right hand.

In other words, you've got the normal treble range, plus four extra buttons above and below.

Eight extra buttons above and eight extra below; right, David?

Yes, 8 extra keys above, four each side and 8 extra below the normal treble. Hence, I would imagine that it is a Tenor-treble model 19a. with 64 keys, four-and-a-half octaves from tenor C to top G. Original cost, £29.00!

Chris

Well, at todays rate that would be about 20lbs of silver that he's asking...so it's bargain...I'd bet I could come up with the metal (but not the cash.....I'm married, don't ya know).....if he was interested !

• 2 weeks later...

Eight extra buttons above and eight extra below; right, David?

Exactly - four above and four below on each hand.