"rare And Perfect?"

david robertson

How's this for an offence against the Trade Descriptions Act? A 48k, 4-fold bellows, probably brass-reeded Lachenal, rare? And as for perfect, it seems to be missing both thumb-straps, and I'm guessing that's the least of its problems. What's more, the seller seems to be asking about 5 times what it's worth - simple ignorance or breathtaking chutzpah?

How's this for an offence against the Trade Descriptions Act? A 48k, 4-fold bellows, probably brass-reeded Lachenal, rare? And as for perfect, it seems to be missing both thumb-straps, and I'm guessing that's the least of its problems. What's more, the seller seems to be asking about 5 times what it's worth - simple ignorance or breathtaking chutzpah?

I see a certain "neilwa" has put in an offer (declined) - I hope it's for a realistic amount :D

:lol: and I just noticed This from the same seller, "Harmonium, Hand Held" ... go on ... guess what it is then go look :lol:

Hi

Accordion to them its a hand held harmonium. You'd wonder what they'd make of a piano-if you had that sort of mind and had managed to stay out of the asylum with such a mind :D

totaly boggled

chris

Don't be too boggled.

I wrote both of them and got replies.

From Australian it seems like the seller simply didn't know about Concertina and would like to change the description and asking price, but it's too late.

Another one seems to have sence of humor and irony. So it looks like he hopes to catch some fools. There are fools around, for sure.

m3838 wrote:Don't be too boggled.

I wrote both of them and got replies.

From Australian it seems like the seller simply didn't know about Concertina and would like to change the description and asking price, but it's too late.

Another one seems to have sence of humor and irony. So it looks like he hopes to catch some fools. There are fools around, for sure.

I also wrote to the Whitemoors bloke challenging the Rarity and Perfection of that 'tina.

I said to him; "This is neither rare nor perfect! What about the thumbstraps? One is bust and tatty, the other non-existent..pictures are so fuzzy any other possible redeeming features unviewable. Come on, a £1500 comparison is nothing near the mark.

And he replied; "quality is sometimes obscure"

He must be either drunk, dumb or stupid or a combination of all three. I thought when I'd sent the message (me being the ebay policeman and all that) maybe I was being a bit harsh if he was a total novice, but seeing all his other tat reminded me of the stuff that Magginisupplies try to palm off as sought-after instruments at gross prices considering their zero provenance or appalling condition. I can think of a current sale of an instrument whose headline is Lachenal/Wheatstone? etc. When you read the description, it has ends with matching numbers but two entirely different numbered reedpans, not the pair of each other and not matching either end. No apparent manufacturer names yet he has the gall to put two respected names on the top line. Price is £550 or best offer. Same goes for an Edeophone, best offer near to I think £850 now though maybe reduced a little to £750. I asked for more pictures and the ends are split and generally it's tatty. He refused my offer!

Back to Whitemoors - the hand held harmonium (what planet is he on?) - he says it has a name - MIGON. I bet his reading skills are non-too hot, I'd suggest it's a Mignon? A pinch of salt goes well with ebay at times.

Foxy

Here's a better link for the alleged "harmonium". I don't know what else to say beyond what's already been said...

:lol: and I just noticed This from the same seller, "Harmonium, Hand Held" ... go on ... guess what it is then go look :lol:

Interesting to note that harmonium-man's recent sales show less than 10% success rate.

Can't imagine why! :blink:

The Australian seller's Lachenal closed with no bids.

Despite that, it will prove to be a benchmark price for trade sellers of concertinas down under for a while.

Has already lost me one concertina I was negotiating to buy. :(

MC