Jeffries Scam

dpmccabe

Seems he wanted to use a known fraudulent escrow service:

Hello there my friend and thank you for winning my auction C. JEFFRIES 32 BUTTON ANGLO CONCERTINA C. 1880 - 1890 . The shipping will be done via

http://global-shipping.ro/home.htm . They also provide an escrow service and this is how it works : the buyer is protected because they do not release the funds to the seller only if the buyer has received the goods and approved them, the seller is protected because they make sure the money are in their accounts before they ship anything to the buyer. Please check them out and confirm your full name and address so I know where to ship the package .

Hope to hear from you soon

Just curious--how do you know that this service is fraudulent? (I don't doubt it, just wondered where you got the info.)

Hello there my friend and thank you for winning my auction C. JEFFRIES 32 BUTTON ANGLO CONCERTINA C. 1880 - 1890 . The shipping will be done via

http://global-shipping.ro/home.htm . They also provide an escrow service and this is how it works : the buyer is protected because they do not release the funds to the seller only if the buyer has received the goods and approved them, the seller is protected because they make sure the money are in their accounts before they ship anything to the buyer. Please check them out and confirm your full name and address so I know where to ship the package .

Hope to hear from you soon

...global-shipping.ro....
Just curious--how do you know that this service is fraudulent? (I don't doubt it, just wondered where you got the info.)

A quick Google on "global-shipping.ro" got me this hit, among others.

O ye of little faith!

Need reassurance that they're legitimate? After all, the description of their "Express Mail/Shipping Services" says that their "partners are coming." :huh:

Edited to remove link in order to protect the innocent, fearful and/or morbidly curious. :)

Edited by Laitch

O ye of little faith!

Need reassurance that they're legitimate? Read the description of their "Express Mail/Shipping Services" here.

I'd rather not. If they're into shipping and "escrow" fraud and cooperating with the scammer -- even if the cooperation is only supplying a customer , -- then why would they stop there. Maybe their web site contains nasties that will try to steal personal information from my computer. I'm curious, but not curious enough to take that chance. :ph34r: