Baritone Wheatstone 1854 Rosewood Metal Buttons

squeezora

I have a very nice Wheatstone Baritone English 48 button from 1854. Overall condition is really beautiful. I'll post something of the history of it tomorrow. I recorded two pieces with it on my new CD. Now I have a Wheatstone Aeola Baritone treble and am playing that all the time. I don't think you will find many in such good original condition.

Please let me know if you are interested,

Squeezora

I have a very nice Wheatstone Baritone English 48 button from 1854. Overall condition is really beautiful. I'll post something of the history of it tomorrow. I recorded two pieces with it on my new CD. Now I have a Wheatstone Aeola Baritone treble and am playing that all the time. I don't think you will find many in such good original condition.

Squeezora

OK, so the question to the forum: how much would such a thing cost in US$$? I'm looking for an upgrade from the Jack. One option would be Morse, another - ebay baritones, yet another - this "buy and sell" forum.

The vintage may sound sweeter, but the new would be more stable.

All is understood. But what should I offer for such a thing?

Thanks.

Squeezora

Hello squeezora,I am interested in your Baritone English,How much are you asking ? many thanks barry

OK, so the question to the forum: how much would such a thing cost in US$$? I'm looking for an upgrade from the Jack. One option would be Morse, another - ebay baritones, yet another - this "buy and sell" forum.

Thanks.

A friend of mine sold a very similar one at Whitby this year for 950 pounds which would be equivalent to about 1800 dollars.

Thanks.

A friend of mine sold a very similar one at Whitby this year for 950 pounds which would be equivalent to about 1800 dollars.

From 1850 with brass reeds?

Wow! :blink:

I don't recall exactly how old it was, but it was certainly an early one with brass reeds, and bone buttons. It sounded wonderfull. Wheatstone made some great brass reeded instruments. A friend locally has an Aeola which he brought to me for fine tuning last year. It plays pretty loud in his hands. Imagine my surprise on opening it up to find brass reeds.

I have a pair of unused Aeola 56 key EC reedpans with a full set of long scale brass reeds. they would make the heart of a great instrument for someone who wants to try concertina building with the most difficult parts ready made!

Edited by Theo