Jeffries Parts Needed

Theo

I wonder if anyone here can help.

I have a Jeffries Duet, with raised ends. It is complete except for 6 endbolts, 6 buttons and one reed. I would be exceedingly greatful to any c.net members who can help me locate replacements for any of the missing parts.

Buttons:

body length, excluding peg at the base, 21.4mm

peg length 7.5mm

button diameter 4.75mm

They appear to be solid nickel or nickel silver.

Endbolts

length 32mm

diameter 2.29mm

material brass

The reed is the lowest Bb reed on the left, the leftmost button on the

middle row. The reedplate is 39mm long. I have a reed there but its

brass and obviously a replacement.

David Leese was able to help me with a couple of buttons, but understandably Jeffries spare parts are pretty scarce.

Thanks

Theo

Chris Algar and the concertina-connection have a common project that might be a source of spare parts. On the concertina connection website I read:

The Phoenix project is an idea of Chris Algar of Barleycorn Concertinas. As a dealer Chris frequently comes across concertinas that are beyond repair. The reeds of these instruments (english, anglo and duet) are salvaged and used in new, traditionally made anglo concertinas. The Wakker Phoenix anglo is made exclusively for Barleycorn Concertinas.

So you might try to contact Chris or Wim

If you're referring to Mr Dipper - he's got mine at the moment, but I would like it back with all it's bolts, buttons and reeds! :)

He's got mine too. Interestingly enough, the job he's doing is converting one of the extra buttons on a 38 G/D to a D/E, requiring some engineering. Now I don't want to worry you, Paul, but he tells me he's done the difficult bit and now he just has to source the Jeffries D and E reeds needed ...

Chris