Vendor Ignorance

JackWoehr

eBay item 120010877955 has a pretty funny description of the "piano accordion" the vendor is selling (really a three-row). Seems to be an honest soul, but knows nothing. Good starter for discussion of vendors who don't know nuttin'.

This one doesn't show ignorance exactly, but I liked this listing where a Scholer is described in quotes as a "concertina." Seems apropos...

Daniel

eBay item 120010877955 has a pretty funny description of the "piano accordion" the vendor is selling (really a three-row). Seems to be an honest soul, but knows nothing. Good starter for discussion of vendors who don't know nuttin'.

Good starter for discussion of vendors who don't know nuttin'.
I like this part:

The other end has 48 depressing pegs

I wonder if Depressing Peg is related to Debbie Downer?

"and when the case is pulled appart (sic) it begins to play.."

Edited by spindizzy

Howdy:

Here's a musical funny on Ebay.

Yeah, I guess in the upper midwest this qualifies as a concertina!!!!

MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU CLICK ON OR PASTE THE LINK THAT YOU TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS AND HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Angel-Playing-Concerti...bayphotohosting

HAVE FUN,

PERRY WERNER

The seller of that concertina angel is an old German-Canadian from Alberta with the handle of "knorr". He has a great collection of button boxes (2- & 3-rows and Club Systems) and is a very canny vendor. He puts 'em up on eBay at the price he wants and if he doesn't get it, away the box goes for three to six months until he tries again.

He's a good egg who allowed me to use some of his photos for my online Club System book.

Edited by JackWoehr

That reminds me of this Concertina Definition T-Shirt, that's usually available on eBay:

16_1_b.jpg

It amused me enough to make me buy one, and to sometimes wear it at concertina-related events. :lol:

I have one of those shirts that I bought from Tom Norulak, the creator. After I'd had it a few months, I finally got around to reading the definition and almost threw up. I wrote to Norulak pointing out such unfortunate choices as the use of the words "commonly" (as if there's another—or more exclusive—way to play it), depressing (and ugh!, that hyphen!), and "frequently" (coming so soon after "commonly").

He told me he would redo it and send me a free one when the next batch ran out. That was March of 1995. I haven't heard from him since.

He told me he would redo it and send me a free one when the next batch ran out. That was March of 1995. I haven't heard from him since.
You know, tee shirts are a lot more easy to design and print now than they were in 1995. Why wait for it to be redone by somebody who couldn't get it right to begin with? One might start with Cafe Press... What do you know, the official (I think) C.net tees are already there!