Question On File Size Limits For Posts

Advice gratefully accepted on this issue. I tried to make a post just now, which contained three images of about 35k each, and received an error message:

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

The issue was my 'global' limit, which had not enough space left on it to add the three photos. In the past, I have posted numerous photos...I guess that is the problem. Should I go and delete these old posts? Or is there another way to get around this issue?

I believe that you can just as effectively delete the old photos and leave the posts intact, if you'd like that better.

Daniel

Advice gratefully accepted on this issue. I tried to make a post just now, which contained three images of about 35k each, and received an error message:

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

The issue was my 'global' limit, which had not enough space left on it to add the three photos. In the past, I have posted numerous photos...I guess that is the problem. Should I go and delete these old posts? Or is there another way to get around this issue?

Should I go and delete these old posts? Or is there another way to get around this issue?
I believe that you can just as effectively delete the old photos and leave the posts intact, if you'd like that better.

In fact, you can't delete old posts, only their contents.

But I suggest you email Paul S., Dan. I'm not sure, but I think he may be able to raise your personal limit. I think that would be a better solution than removing the prior pictures, which would reduce the value of your old posts.

Should I go and delete these old posts? Or is there another way to get around this issue?

In fact, you can't delete old posts, only their contents.

But I suggest you email Paul S., Dan. I'm not sure, but I think he may be able to raise your personal limit. I think that would be a better solution than removing the prior pictures, which would reduce the value of your old posts.

Thanks for the thought, Jim. I'll email Paul. Some of those old-time photos and pieces of music seem like they should stay around. But I'll look for some to chuck as well.

An alternative approach is to put the images on a different web server and use the Insert Image button to paste in a link. The image then shows up full size in the posting and puts no burden on Paul's server. Only usable if you have access to a web server, of course, but it's how I put up images all the time.

Chris