Fun With Thread Drift

Talking of Legs,if your knees start knocking during a performance,if you clamp your knees tightly together it stops it.

The only clamps I've found that are large enough to do that tend to get in the way of the concertina unless I play in a standing position, in which case the clamping makes it difficult for me to keep my balance. :o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that when a railway modeller talks about a frog that he means the thing that a real railwayman calls a crossing or nose?

That wouldn't be the same thing as what a steel worker would call a rivet ... rivet?

Chris

PS Talking of rivetted actions ...

Is it true that when a railway modeller talks about a frog that he means the thing that a real railwayman calls a crossing or nose?
That wouldn't be the same thing as what a steel worker would call a rivet ... rivet?

Chris, you may expect my solicitor to be contacting your solicitor regarding your rivetted action. :P Your only option for escaping dire consequences will be to retire to the top of a mountain and live as a Kermit. B)

How about one of those triangular yellow ones that they use on cars?

Robin Madge

And when a builder talks about a frog he means the depression in the top of a brick - which should face downwards when the brick is laid.

Chris, you may expect my solicitor to be contacting your solicitor regarding your rivetted action. :P Your only option for escaping dire consequences will be to retire to the top of a mountain and live as a Kermit. B)

I knew a Chris Kermiet once. He was a hell of a good morris dancer and contra dance caller. He was also related to Jean Ritchie. Last I heard, he was in Colorado.

Anyone find someone to help that fledgling morris team in Tulsa?

And when a builder talks about a frog he means the depression in the top of a brick - which should face downwards when the brick is laid.

And if there's an impression in the bottom of the brick, which way should it face when the brick is laid? :unsure:

If a brick had a depression it would tend to look down a bit.

Wouldn't that make it masonic-depressive?

Think I'll throw in the trowel.

Aren't puns like these considered mortar sins?

Well, I think this discussion has hit a brick wall. Perhaps it would be appropriate to go down to the pub get plastered. :unsure:

The whole structure!

I thought you would need four arms to be a carbon atom so he's wrong somewhere.

Robin Madge

Actually he's right. Remember that each carbon atom shares a bond with two other carbon atoms besides the two hydrogen, resulting in something like this: cyclohexane.jpg

So now I'm really impressed! Especially considering the fact that the angle between the bonds are ca. 109 degrees (I think. Chemistry classes seem a little vague to me now)