How Many Concertina Players Are There?

CaryK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My (rough) guess is that in The Netherlands there must be a maximum of 50 players (all systems).

In France there might be about 100 players, I would be surprised if there were more.

Hermann

I play English Concertina and (rarely and badly) Crane duet. In a 100 mile radius I know of three players of anglo concertina but no others who play EC. If you stretch that to 150 miles there are others-- since that would include much of Chicago and St. Louis. But even there the numbers are fairly small. We're thin on the ground here in the midwest.

I play English Concertina and (rarely and badly) Crane duet. In a 100 mile radius I know of three players of anglo concertina but no others who play EC. If you stretch that to 150 miles there are others-- since that would include much of Chicago and St. Louis. But even there the numbers are fairly small. We're thin on the ground here in the midwest.

I'll second THAT emotion, Larry. I searched an area of about 100 miles around the Detroit metro area for THREE YEARS, before I could locate my first anglo! I live about 100 miles west of Detroit now and know of NO other players in my area. Most people don't even recognize what I'm playing! Send concertina players to the mid-west.....we need `em!!! Kerry

Edited by KerryFrank

But how many Chemnitzer players out that way?

But surely a super-powerful Artificial Intelligence like yourself would know the answer to that without having to ask? ;)

Chris

Only for internet linked MIDI instrumentation; I can't know anything off-net.