Ica Treasurer

As of yesterday's annual general meeting, I have retired as Treasurer of the International Concertina Association after 16 years. for those of you who are ICA members, I would like to thank you all for your support and kind words over the years.

My successor is Suzanne Higgins. I am not sure if she has a presence in these forums yet, but I will be happy to pass on any enquiries

With thanks,

John Wild

I cannot but agree with Alan. As an ex committee member myself, I can say that John was always quiet but utterly reliable. Suzanne will find him a hard act to follow. Thanks, John, from all of us who know you.

Chris

Edited to add PS: Anne has told me off for this. She says that quiet but dependable sounds like a school report. Well, maybe she's right. The thing is, the ICA of today is a very different beast from the ICA of 16 years ago. It is far more open to new ideas than it used to be, and of course it is no longer an almost exclusively English (in both senses) club. Through all these changes John, in his quiet way, has helped keep the ball moving. Nice one. mate!

Edited by Chris Timson

..quiet but dependable..

Although that perhaps sums up John's ICA public persona, there's a lot more underneath, as his postings here show. And anybody who has managed to keep the ICA subs at the same level year after year deserves a lot of praise! Thanks for all your past efforts and Good Luck in the future, John!

I'd like to join those who are expressing their respect and gratitude for John's lengthy service to the ICA. The organisation is going through a lot of changes and John's long presence on the committee has been a steady, stabilising influence. I've no doubt he will continue to play a part in shaping the future direction of the Association.

(Of course, it's also been comforting to have had the purse strings safely in the hands of someone from north of the border!!!!!)

Well Done John; thanks for all your hard work.

Roger

I'd like to join those who are expressing their respect and gratitude for John's lengthy service to the ICA. The organisation is going through a lot of changes and John's long presence on the committee has been a steady, stabilising influence. I've no doubt he will continue to play a part in shaping the future direction of the Association.

(Of course, it's also been comforting to have had the purse strings safely in the hands of someone from north of the border!!!!!)

Well Done John; thanks for all your hard work.

Roger

Thanks to Roger and everyone for the kind words. 2 Comments on the purse strings:- 1) i was born in Norwich!!! 2) Someone compared me to Gordon Brown (UK Chancellor/Finance minister for those not in the UK). My reply was I wished I had his budget to work with,

Cheers,

John

Edited by John Wild