Stolen Concertina List

My friend and I were wondering if there was a list to post to if your box was stolen, and if prospective buyers ever check the list?

Would a list like this actually help perpetrate a fruad?

Don Nichols has a stolen instruments page within his website:

Don Nichols home Page

It is only as good as the information supplied, and may not be comprehensive. Also recovered instruments may not be removed if that information is not supplied.

- John Wild

Also, If you have ever scrolled through all the stuff on the home page (I'll clean it up one of these days, but need to be sure all the links are archived) you'll find stolen instrument notices at the bottom. This has been much debated in the past. Some say really savvy thieves can disguise a stolen instrument they want to sell, but I suspect they'd do that anyway. There are enough stories of recovery of instruments stolen by people who don't know what they are that I believe it pays to inform dealers and the community if you are ever in this sad situation.

Ken Coles

Some say really savvy thieves can disguise a stolen instrument they want to sell, but I suspect they'd do that anyway. There are enough stories of recovery of instruments stolen by people who don't know what they are that I believe it pays to inform dealers and the community if you are ever in this sad situation.

Ken Coles

Perhaps a better system would be to have a simple way in which dealers could be alerted to stolen instruments, rather than a public list which theives would have access to.