Farm Tractors For Sale?

Howdy:

Just in case you missed it, the Buy and Sell Page has a someone offering farm tractors for sale.

I'm guessing that the connection to this site has to do with the seller hoping that some non-concertina playing spouse will see this offer and make a quick purchase with the idea of using one of these fine implements to squeeze a squeezebox flat.

Can anyone else farm out some suggestions to the group as to what this might be about?

Have fun,

Perry Werner

PS: For those desperate to make a quick purchase here's where you can go......

http://www.concertina.net/buysell_detail.html?rec_id=896

Just in case you missed it, the Buy and Sell Page has a someone offering farm tractors for sale.

I'm guessing that the connection to this site has to do with the seller hoping that some non-concertina playing spouse will see this offer and make a quick purchase with the idea of using one of these fine implements to squeeze a squeezebox flat.

Perry,

For some of the concertina players here in Clare, a tractor is an everyday means of transport. Maybe I should get one ?

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Wes,

I've seen that very same giant pian* acc*rdi*n, which is in the Musical Instruments Museum in Markneukirchen. It has 128 keys and 423 bass buttons (360 sounding), and was played by the group of six girls (in the photo) in the Doorlay Revue in 1938/39, before it was sent back to the maker in Zwota (near Markneukirchen) for repair. Presumably the outbreak of the Second World War prevented its return, and in 1967 it was given to the museum.

But it probably would make good ballast on a tractor. :P

(Where's Helen when you need her ? ;) )

Edited by Stephen Chambers

I'd only be interested in a Field Marshal series 2 late 1940s :) .

Fantastic things - got so much torque they rock themselves and everyone standing nearby!

be absolutely impossible to play the concertina whilst sitting on one though - think bucking bronco!

I'd only be interested in a Field Marshal series 2 late 1940s  :) .

Fantastic things - got so much torque they rock themselves and everyone standing nearby!

be absolutely impossible to play the concertina whilst sitting on one though - think bucking bronco!

Interesting vibrato though - a fair bit more radical than a washing machine.......... ;)

Well, I don't know what they are for, but we'll leave that ad up...it gave me a welcome laugh after a hard day at work. Just don't buy anything from the guy, folks, or he'll/she'll try to sell us old cadillacs next.