C/G Edgley Concertina for sale.

Frank Edgley

I just received this yesterday. It is an Edgley C/G Jeffries concertina in mint condition. It has polished stainless grills and is genuine ebony. It has excellent tone and response. Everything, including the bellows, is in mint condition. If you are interested, please send me an email ... frankedgley@gmail.com for other details.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:02 AM, Frank Edgley said:

Shipping to New York would be no problem. You can call me at 519-991-3100 or email me as above.

Beware UPS and their guessing about import fees.  Get your paperwork in order before shipping to qualify as a free-trade item with no fees.  Last I looked, with at least 50% of its value being Canadian labor/ materials, it qualifies but the package must have the forms completed when it goes through customs.  

If you decide not to go for free trade status, give UPS the code rather than let them guess.  Perhaps the second of those marked here.

Screenshot_20220812-0636464.thumb.png.ada1a6a70ec30731309b8544d8400c6f.png

Edited by David Lay

With respect to free trade between our countries (US and CA), government websites are not great.  NAFTA was apparently superceded by USMCA and the rules are written for big importers which I find difficult to weed through.

I do not understand why when I have bought instruments from Germany and Ireland, they were simply delivered, but twice now from just inside the Canadian border, UPS has demanded import tax payments.

Edited by David Lay

1 hour ago, David Lay said:

UPS has demanded import tax payments.

I no longer use UPS for cross border deliveries.  They tack on a customs brokerage service fee whether duty is payable or not.  And this amount always seems to be quite arbitrary. With the US/Canada postal systems only the actual duty and taxes are collected.

• Like 1

Frank,  What I find is that if 50% of the cost of your concertina is Canadian including labor, Canadian materials, and components you have manufactured .....but not imported components (ex. reeds), then the concertina meets USMCA rules.  (It would be best if someone else also checked, of course.) This would mean no tax/tariff.

https://hts.usitc.gov/. (Gen. Note 11)

https___usmcaform.net_.pdf

Edited by David Lay