Trying to learn how to write music for the Concertina

JLAB9

I have to beg to differ ( in good humour🌝).. with Jody's thought on classical music on English  ( rather than anglo system).. I spent years transcribing classical pieces from loads of sources over a long time, for use on my Anglo 30 key, and found very few that do not work, or that cannot be accommodated by mildest adjustment ( which is often needed on even the most standard orchestral instrument anyhow).

I do read the music on the page also.. but they both ( English or Anglo) have their unique approach and qualities suitable for almost any music you wish to play upon them🌝😊🌝🌝🌝

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW

On 12/8/2023 at 1:49 AM, wunks said:

Maybe a better approach,  because you're already an accomplished musician, would be to acquire a concertina ( rent borrow or buy ) and co-compose with it as you would with a piano.  

I agree here - particularly as that is what I use my own concertina for a great deal - for writing music with also as well as enjoying playing written published music. Makes a change from using a keyboard or maybe guitar and gives a different approach to creating ideas.