What the heck is this?

Tardigrades are very easy to find if you have a microscope. Just pull out some algae from a slow-moving stream, and it won't be too long before you stumble upon one. Tardigrades are in their own phylum, and they have a very interesting life cycle that includes a very resistant form of itself that can remain viable for very long periods when things dry out.

Β 

It's always fun to find one!Β  Brings back some good memories from college days.

πŸ™‚

Β 

1 hour ago, Noel Ways said:

...Tardigrades are in their own phylum...

Now there's a word you won't often see in a music-related context (tardigrade too, I guess)? Thank you for brightening the start of my day...😊 

Β 

There seem to be plenty of toy tardigrades available, if you are that way inclined...

Β 

The world clearly needs a tardigrade emoji - the best we have so far is this rather unconvincing text representation:Β  Β Β ΰΆ‹( ___ )γ₯Β   ☹️

Β 

Edited by lachenal74693

Yes, I have a microscope and have seen these in water! And other weird things as other- worldly as you would ever imagine possible! Daphnia, sort by of living plankton, and protozoa, what you may have in your stagnant cuppa, ..!

To keep it relevent to Con.net I have got a tune to fit the thought somewhere.. ( sorry!)..I will have to look for it!!😊