Italian Concertina

Blackmore

IMG_1193.thumb.jpeg.5970b3ace1a8723217966351639a66e1.jpegIMG_1192.jpeg.14fb3a95421e4859ebf9470dcc24979a.jpegIMG_1191.jpeg.e77c9aebc2872e890ca946786a97f784.jpegIMG_1190.jpeg.3a417fa03078d7dd66662b4ff70758cc.jpegIMG_1189.jpeg.504287199854a24136599d389092a4ca.jpegHi!

I Inherited This Concertina from my Grandfather in Sweden. He played it in Salvation Army. Its from Italy. Cant see no brand. 
Does anybody know something about it? Brand, Value. Anything?

tnx for helping!

simonsdragspel@gmail.com

simonsdragspel@gmail.com

simonsdragspel@gmail.com

IMG_1193.jpeg

That is a Bastari english concertina, Dr  Bastari and his engineers showed great ingenuity in this concertina.  The reeds are probably more than acceptable as well. 

That has, I believe 48 buttons, standard for treble english.  I think the button linkage is mechanical and does not rely on that awful surgical tubing that later Stagi concertinas display. 

Dr Bastari passed the baton to Lorenzo Stagi who made some changes in production. 

I don’t know if the current line up of Stagi concertinas include a 48b english.  

5 hours ago, Bob Tedrow said:

That is a Bastari english concertina, Dr  Bastari and his engineers showed great ingenuity in this concertina.  The reeds are probably more than acceptable as well. 

That has, I believe 48 buttons, standard for treble english.  I think the button linkage is mechanical and does not rely on that awful surgical tubing that later Stagi concertinas display. 

Dr Bastari passed the baton to Lorenzo Stagi who made some changes in production. 

Thanks for your answer! Do you know anything about the value?

16 hours ago, Bob Tedrow said:

I had mail correspondense with the factory. They say its a Chinese fake.

It with all due respect to the folks who have recently taken over Stagi, I doubt that this is a Chinese fake.  It has some age to it, and even from your photos of the instrument and the case it is obvious that it is higher quality than that.  If you were to open it up and post pictures of the interior, that would remove all doubt.  Bob Tedrow has seen a lot of these old Italian concertinas- I would trust his opinion.

3 hours ago, Bill N said:

It with all due respect to the folks who have recently taken over Stagi, I doubt that this is a Chinese fake.  It has some age to it, and even from your photos of the instrument and the case it is obvious that it is higher quality than that.  If you were to open it up and post pictures of the interior, that would remove all doubt.  Bob Tedrow has seen a lot of these old Italian concertinas- I would trust his opinion.

Ok, Well I can see if I can open it.

5 hours ago, Bill N said:

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg