Volver a concertina con Volver

Really wonderful, Didie. You have always impressed me as someone who is diligently working to perfect his craft. It really shows in this performance. If I remember correctly, when you first got the extended bellows, you said they didn't help as much as you had hoped for, but it seems you have learned to get the most out of them. Thank you for sharing this recording.

Beutifully and sensitively played. Thank you. I really liked the tempo -- just right, not hurried, with space and silence and pauses in just the right places and amounts.

Thank you very much Simon, Randy, Jim, James and Cr for your kind comments. About the size of the bellows, it's true that I was a little disappointed when I received my special 11 folds bellows because I thought naively that with a double bellows I could get the double of air. The reality is closer to 10% or maybe 20% at his best, but even with 10% it can make a difference on some tunes. For example on this tune, when I wanted to hold a long note on the right while playing different chords on the left it was difficult with the regular 7 folds bellows but quite easy with this one. Maybe on the anglo, or even on the english, this kind of bellows doesn't make sense, but for the duets it's something that concertina makers should think about...

Didie

• Like 1