Jeffries duet old pitch

wunks

Looking through old threads, there are references to many in old pitch, around A 456.  I have one that's going to go up to a "D" core and a Wheatstone in A 440.  Did Jeffries make any in modern pitch or are they all retuned (or left as is)?

It depends on the player's intentions, most instruments are re-set/ tuned to the modern concert pitch, this so they can be played in concert with other players. Some players prefer to keep their concertina in it's original tuning because they play solo, or for their own amusement. Old pitch to new is an adjustment of half a semi tone (just under), whilst there is risk, in most cases it is minimal if done carefully

1 hour ago, d.elliott said:

whilst there is risk, in most cases it is minimal if done carefully

Carefully being the important word here.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who has occasionally  seen reeds that have been re-pitched without care.

The plan is to move the reeds up a space (except for the lowest 7 pairs which are inboard and heavily weighted and so can be tuned in situ ).  This will allow for a small up tuning to D core.  I've swapped a few assys. myself to create some bisonorics with no issues.  I've recently had the instrument out to Bob Snope (button Box) and he made some trial swaps and agrees that it's doable and probably better for the health of the reeds.  I'm still interested in an answer to my question.  Did Jeffries (bros.) make any duets in modern pitch originally?