Scholer 20 button concertina with original box

I started on a 20 key little concertina. So they always will surely find someone, somewhere that will want one.

Sometimes they can be a good supplementary instrument maybe for a musician that wants to play a different instrument, along with their main one.  Often I've found guitar players seem fond of trying concertina too.

• 1 year later...

I can`t help with a 20 button SCHOLER but i have a piano concertina brand new . i have no idea where it comes from or what year it was made ,it still had a little piece of wood on one reed and now plays decently if you have wide hands.

image.jpeg

20221221_144035.jpg

• Like 1

I got the bug for anglo concertina by being given a Scholer anglo by a friend who had seen it in a charity shop.  It was in Eb/Bb and the arrangement of the notes was the same as a 20button anglo (rather than the one the OP posted) i.e. enough to intrigue me.  I even came up with a couple of new tunes on it.

So, yes, they're definitely useful!

Edited by Kathryn Wheeler

1 hour ago, TBONE said:

I can`t help with a 20 button SCHOLER but i have a piano concertina brand new . i have no idea where it comes from or what year it was made ,it still had a little piece of wood on one reed and now plays decently if you have wide hands.

image.jpeg

20221221_144035.jpg

Your Scholer concertina looks interesting. What range does it cover?
It looks like it has a range similar to the Jones ‘Piano’ concertina.

Peter

Hi

the range is E4 TO G5 treble side with all the sharps flats as per piano F4#  to F5#.

The bass side E3 TO  G4  F3# to F4#

As i mentioned its brand new and sounds quiet nice chords are easy to play on the left if a little loud 

best regards