Dave Prebble

Guest Peter Laban
I really hope to get over to Mrs Crotty’s if well enough but the rush and bustle of Willie Clancy Week will have to wait another year I fear.

FWIW, I went through exactly the same last year, a gallstone escaped and caused a blockage on feb 1st (on hindsight, I ignored the signs) five days later I was very sick and in hospital in Ennis on an industrial strength anti-biotics drip. After a week I was let go and two weeks later had the galbladder out. Recovery was quick enough but it took nearly six month to find a new level of energy, to balance back the body. This took periods of feeling extremely tired after doing hardly anything.

But, and take hope from that, I was out all Willie week and feeling fine, :rolleyes:

Edited by Peter Laban

Dave Prebble plays again.

I am pleased to inform you that, despite losing 8 stone and giving up smoking Dave was able to consume beer(in moderation)and play the concertina when he went to the session at Gringley last night.He has not yet regained sufficient strength to deal with a local well known concertina player who,in very poor taste ended the evening playing a huge piano accordion!

• 1 month later...

And finally

After all he has gone through this year, I feel that I have a duty to inform you ever so quietly that:-

Dave Prebble has today reached the Grand Old Age of 50. Many Happy Returns Dave

But don't tell anyone

:ph34r: :D :P

Dave Prebble has today reached the Grand Old Age of 50. Many Happy Returns Dave

Many happy returns? Of 50?

I do get tired of these youngsters who feel it necessary to repeat their birthday numbers, and thus pretend that their experience is even more limited than it actually is! ;) :D :lol:

More seriously: Congratulations, Dave! May you live long and prosper. :)

a local well known concertina player who,in very poor taste ended the evening playing a huge piano accordion

Are you refering to me, Mark? Senility must be setting in. I can't remember bringing my average-sized accordion with me last Wednesday.

Any more of this talk and I will bring my mighty Wurlitzer (and here is a reminder of that aweful fate).

post-158-1119441808_thumb.jpg

Edited by geoffwright

Hi to everyone,

I see Pete Dickey has gone and embarrassed me again....Hmmmm...Time to levy the 'free beer tax', methinks :D

Thank you everyone for all your greetings, messages and emails....much appreciated and enjoyed!

I think it is true to say that, a few months ago, I was viewing this fast approaching 'halfway point' in life with a good deal of trepidation and certainly, with no great relish.

My recent 'close call' has changed my outlook on life somewhat and I can now say that I am truly joyful to have made it this far and am delighted to report that I feel stronger, healthier and, dare I say 'younger' than I have for some years B)

I have been pushing at the boundaries a bit just lately and been doing far, far more than is really good for me but against all the odds (and despite a few scares) I seem to be holding together well and getting stronger by the day.

Thanks for your cake Bellowbelle...... i must admit I am a little afraid it might

explode !

Would you mind awfully If I asked you to cut it for me while I hide behind this steel blast door ? :ph34r:

Poor Old Jeff ! :(

I fear it may be your grey cells and not Mark's that are under attack by senility,

You appear to have just replied to his post of the 21st *April*

Still, look on the bright side mate.....the condition does not seem to be affecting your concertina playing abilities and with any luck, you will very soon forget what an accordion is, never mind remembering to bring it to sessions :lol:

Thanks again everyone for your kind greetings and I look forward to seeing you all either here or in the flesh very soon

Regards

Dave

PS Jeff, as for the picture in your posting and the 'click to enlarge' button..... I think I shall decline the invitation.... my nerves are not that robust just yet :lol:

post-53-1119486827_thumb.jpg

a local well known concertina player who,in very poor taste ended the evening playing a huge piano accordion

Are you refering to me, Mark? Senility must be setting in. I can't remember bringing my average-sized accordion with me last Wednesday.

Any more of this talk and I will bring my mighty Wurlitzer (and here is a reminder of that aweful fate).

post-158-1119441808_thumb.jpg

Presume that photo was taken before this one Geoff :ph34r:

shows what PA's do to you after long exposure

Pete