Women Concertina Players of Irish Music on TG4

Forgive me if this is old hat on here, I have only just discovered it on Melodeon.net but could not see it anywhere on here (only a quick look)

https://tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid=6016581505001&teideal=Mná%20an%20Cheoil&series=Mná%20an%20Cheoil&dlft=5

It lasts nearly 30 mins but is absolutely worth watching. However it will disappear from the TG4 player in, I think, another 5 days so be quick.

The Gaelic language was lost me but you can get English sub-titles if you have the TG4 app I believe. Some people seem to have trouble in playing this, but seems to work ok for most. I am using a Mac with Safari and that is ok.

There is also a good one re Melodeons which will be around a bit longer:

https://tg4.ie/en/player/home/?pid=6025237725001&teideal=Mná%20an%20Cheoil&series=Mná%20an%20Cheoil&dlft=26

Enjoy, especially  if you are into Irish music.

Rob

• Thanks 1

The Mná an Cheoil series is a repeat, it was originally broadcast a few years ago. I think it was discussed here at the time and while there was some chatter on other forums about the repeat run  (the pipes and whistle/flute episodes, notably) so far no mention of it here, until now.

Edited by Peter Laban

I don't have the app, but I was able to get the English subtitles work in Chrome (Windows 10).  But I didn't figure it out until I'd already watched the video, so I'll try to find time to watch it again before it disappears in five days.  

"Optional Subtitles

To choose subtitles, press [CC][player-subs.png] in the player controls."

Series was discussed here at https://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?/topic/18722-mná-an-ceoil-on-tg-4/ when it first came out.

Didn't remember I had posted about it the first time around :wacko:

I had more or less forgotten about it. I did watch the whistle/flute episode a few weeks ago but missed the concertina one. Until someone send amessage saying

I watched the Mná an Cheoil show on the concertina and enjoyed the short bit on Kitty Hayes. Noted an earnest, bespectacled piper playing with her. May you live in video forever...

That brought back the memory of it again. :unsure:

On 4/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, Daniel Hersh said:

I don't have the app, but I was able to get the English subtitles work in Chrome (Windows 10).  But I didn't figure it out until I'd already watched the video, so I'll try to find time to watch it again before it disappears in five days.  

"Optional Subtitles

To choose subtitles, press [CC][player-subs.png] in the player controls."

Series was discussed here at https://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?/topic/18722-mná-an-ceoil-on-tg-4/ when it first came out.

And now it looks like it went from "5 days left" to gone in a day or two.?  I hope it comes round again eventually,  Accordion and fiddle are still available, at least for now. 

And now it looks like it went from "5 days left" to gone in a day or two.

It still says 5 days when I look at the page. They usually leave programs up for at least a month after broadcast, pretty good going I think. They also have a habit of repeating these regularly so this one will be around again.

It's possible to download the stream, using a suitable app/browser extension, if you want to keep it for future reference.

Edited by Peter Laban

13 hours ago, Peter Laban said:

It still says 5 days when I look at the page. They usually leave programs up for at least a month after broadcast, pretty good going I think. They also have a habit of repeating these regularly so this one will be around again.

It's possible to download the stream, using a suitable app/browser extension, if you want to keep it for future reference.

Thanks!  I looked again and now it's back for me, saying 5 days again.  I don't know why it was gone before.