Help naming (and finding) 2 songs

Aldon Sanders

Hello fellow concertinists,

Does anyone here know the names of the themes from Monty Python's Flying Circus & The Benny Hill Show? I mean other than the blantantly obvious names.

Any historic knowledge of these tunes is also welcome.

Does anyone know of any concertists playing these songs? 

They both sound like they would be fun to play on EC.

Thank you for any leads and pertinent information!

Aldon

Liberty Bell is a Souza march. it was featured on a recording by the New Mexborough Concertina Quartet, where the players were Nigel Pickles, Rob McKie, Steve Dickinson, and Dick Miles. I believe it was a combination of bass, baritone and 2 trebles.

Edited by John Wild
edited for typing correction

Thank you Paul_Hardy! I found the abcs for Liberty Bell on your link and got it converted to pdf sheet music. The chords are included! Excellent! This is going to be fun to play around with. 

Thank you John Wild for the additional information. I'm going to look for recordings of the New Mexborough Concertina Quartet. 

Aldon

Bummer. It looks like the New Mexborough Concertina Quartet's album is only available as an  LP, which I am unable to play (no record player).

I'd happily purchase a CD or mp3 (wma, itunes) if someone can point me to a link.

Maybe I should start another thread?

2 hours ago, Aldon Sanders said:

Bummer. It looks like the New Mexborough Concertina Quartet's album is only available as an  LP, which I am unable to play (no record player).

I'd happily purchase a CD or mp3 (wma, itunes) if someone can point me to a link.

Maybe I should start another thread?

You could try contacting Steve Dickinson, who is still trading as C.Wheatstone & Co.

• Thanks 1